1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I tell if a pipe is a high quality pipe?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by JimTrail, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

May 7, 2012
    Overall im very fond of my stanwell's (got 13, but one is still not restored so i have'nt tried it yet).

But (there's allways a but, is'nt it ;) ) my HC Andersen series that i bought brand new does'nt smoke well, and the detailwork is bad (horrible to be honest) i've tried to e-mail their office here in denmark, i got a reply that my mail was forwarded to the right person, then there was a whole lot of nothing.

When the salesman from scandinavian tobacco shows his ass at work next time he will hear aaaaaall about it, until they provide me with a new pipe, or refund, i'll never buy a new stanwell again.
    ruffinogold likes this.
  2. mcgoven9

mcgoven9 Member

Nov 13, 2009
    As it is said befor the quality is in the experience. I don't own a pipe that is more then $50. Most are Dr. Grabows. I have never had a bad smoke with any of them. Sometimes it's not the price that determins the quality. Look at cobs, most are $6 to $10, and they are the best smokeing pipes around.
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    One of the things suggested to me by a vendor was that one way (out of many) to determine the outright quality of a piece was to judge it not out of the box, but after a year or five of use. The very best pipes still look and function just fine after this. Lesser pipes do not. I thought he was goofy at the time, but I no longer think so.
    Linus and Stormy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.