1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Carry Your Pipe?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Chris Mavity, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravnhaus

ravnhaus Member

+1 on the Crown Royal bag!

2. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

a holster sounds good. I'd be worried about having it bowl up, one that would hold my pipe bowl down would be good. Hint any leather workers out there...

Skiballa likes this.
  3. Skiballa

Skiballa Member

That might look good on your sporran strap, we should ask SorringOwl.

4. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Carry mine in a cheap leather pipe pouch, along with tobacco of the day.

5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Never thought of that! I also have one now for Tito vodka that would work well.

6. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

To and from work I keep it in a plastic bag with my other tobacco stuff. If I'm walking around contemplating a smoke, I keep it packed, stuck in a shirt or jacket pocket along with more tobacco, lighter, and pipe tool.

7. Griz

Griz Active Member

This exactly. Well except for the cargo shorts bit.... I kinda love em, and I have adequate legs to pull em off ... for a ghostly complexioned bloke :D

8. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Cargo shorts are the bomb. I can carry a pipe, tobacco, several tools, at least one food item, bandaids for when my kid falls out of a tree or picks a fight with a barn cat, a partridge and a pair tree.

Preacher1611 and EmperorGix like this.
  9. Chris Mavity

Chris Mavity Member

mmm coke and crown...:D

colorduke likes this.
  10. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

Depends on what I'm doing. When I'm on the motorcycle (which was often, until I broke my dang leg in October,) it's in my vest's right internal pocket - the left pocket is for my Sig. If it's not there, it's in my camera bag with my Canon 20D. Failing those, it'll be in the glove box of my car, or comfortably between my teeth. It'll always be near at least one baggy of tobacco, a lighter or two, and pipe cleaners. My tamper usually remains in the change pocket of my jeans.

I don't often carry my briars out of the house. My cobs are my travel pipes.

11. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Bib overalls man here. Without them I have too much stuff and not enough pockets and have to haul a backpack. I typically don't carry my pipes afield, as I'm a once a day type smoker who enjoys a pipe after the work day as a way to unwind. Given that that usually happens in the yard, there's no need to haul stuff around. I do use the breast pocket for cleaners, the tamper and matches in the lower pockets...

colorduke likes this.
  12. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Nicer ones I leave at home. The meer doesn't leave the house. I have 1 that I consider the pocket pipe & that's my parker. Basket pipe back in 2002 & now I see it going for $50- $60 on the interwebz, lol. Also, corn cobs are my travel pipes. I stick them in the cup holder in the car, my pocket, my 2-pipe pouch that holds 2 oz of tobacco & cleaners, matches, & tool. I always travel w. pipes that aren't precious to me. The ones I care about are more the hearth & home ones. Corn cobs seem to be better suited to be field pipes. Except my Parker. She's a snubby one, so I can keep it in my pocket.

13. Chris Mavity

Chris Mavity Member

forget the bag I will take the crown lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.