1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Recycle Pipes You No Longer Need Or Want?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Marc, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc Active Member

I take unneeded or unwanted pipes that I no longer smoke and donate them with tobacco to the local rescue mission. I have found through a friend that works with the local rescue mission there is a great need with the high unemployment in my area for pipes and tobacco. So I usually pick up boxes of CH, CB and PA and put them together in gift packs with a couple of well cleaned and sanitized pipes for people who are down on their luck or unemployed and would like an alternative to smoking cigarettes that they surely can't afford to begin with and believe it or not, some families that frequent the mission seeking help with food and other things always ask if there is any pipe tobacco available, apparently some of the families have pipe smokers in the house. Sometimes the demand seems more than I can support but when I can I do and generously. I was just wondering if any of you did something like this in your area, to help out a fellow pipe smoker who might be down on his luck with a family to feed and no extra money for tobacco or pipes. Unemployment in my state is over 11 percent.

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

That's really pretty noble of you Marc. :)

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

I was surprized to learn there were a couple of pipe smokers that couldn't even afford a couple of OTC tobaccos on a regular basis being unemployed. Damn, every working man deserves a smoke from time to time.

4. Demented

Demented Member

Most everything from our home that is no longer used or wanted (including some pipes), is donated to a local non-profit that funds a shelter for battered women with the proceeds from their thrift shop.

Some pipes go to new pipe smokers.

5. piper965

piper965 Member

thats a great thing you are doing! You're right, everyone deserves a good pipe smoke! Props to you Marc

6. swobbie

swobbie Member

Marc----that is a great idea. Never even crossed my mind to do that. It would be great PR for a tobacconist. I am going to share this idea with a friend of mine.

7. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

You sir are a cut above. That's incredibly generous.

Bri2k

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Well done you; we have nothing like this in the UK - usually when I'm thinning the herd there's someone I know who'd like what's surplus to my own requirements. Last year it was my friend Peter who's a Technical Writer out in Abhu Dahbi whi inherited my travelling set of four Stonehavens, the Battered Old Warrior and the Unepected Tiger's Eye.

Had we had anything you found I'd have certainly supported it, once again well done!

Gerry

9. Rider

Rider Member

good man marc :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

10. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I send a lot of pipes and tobacco along with car and sports magazines over to the troops in Iran and Afganistan, they have a hard time getting them over there as well. Also send many other items. I thank them for their service to our country and a job well done!

11. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

:) "A" number one idea!

I've given odds and ends to my daughter who's in the AFNG that she puts with other things she's collected that she sends to our military overseas.

Only a couple of my old first cobs and some of those little filtered cigars, but every little bit helps.

12. Marc

Marc Active Member

I am also an avid supporter of the troops, as I am a Veteran also, but they are not unemployed like my neighbors. :)

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Never been in but have many relatives and friends that have been, so I always give em as much support as I can! :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.