1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you roll?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by bubbagump, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Here's my pipe and tobacco stash in the F-150. I keep three pipes in there. Two MM cobs and a DGE nosewarmer. There are three pouches of tobacco...SWRA, CH, and CB(W/R).:bing:

[​IMG]

inkybat likes this.
  2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I don't "keep" anything in the car. I have a three pipe case and three small tobacco pouches. When I go anywhere, I fill the case with the day's choice of pipes and tuck in a tobacco pouch. For longer trips, I have a seven pipe case. I put the tobacco pouches in that and go.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  3. bubbagump

This works out for around town. I found that I'd head out for somewhere and think en route "I'd like a smoke." Leaving stuff in there ensures that I have that option (as I usually forgot to pick a pipe and tobacco out for short trips out and about).

4. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

I have a little black leather pipe bag/carrier I got as a Christmas gift several years ago. It is supposed to hold six pipes, but I usually carry fewer. I wore out the foldover tobacco pouch that came with it and got a replacement from Cup O Joe and lost the pipe tamp that came with it. Otherwise it has served me well for over 10 years. There have been times when out for the day -- or on vacation -- I'll carry it with me all the time, which has led to some ribbing about my "man bag." Like T-Bear, I load the tobacco with a selection for the day before going out. If I'm on a trip I'll pack much more tobacco in my luggage.

Pfeifenraucher and FlatbushPaul like this.
  5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

When I walk out of the house for the day I always have a pipe and a pouch in hand, with a lighter and pipe nail in my pocket, I keep a pack of Dill's pipe cleaners in the truck glove box if needed.

pacificflows and FlatbushPaul like this.
  6. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I have a small ledge on my dashboard behind the steering wheel, sunglasses, matches and tamper there at all times, (unless in use ;)). An MM Washington in my center console works as my "car pipe".

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  7. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

I keep an emergency cob and a pouch of Carter Hall in the console of my truck. I take my leather pipe pouch everywhere though.

ruralhipster likes this.
  8. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I usually don't smoke when I drive. I keep spilling beer in my lap.

Smokey, Skrymr, inkybat and 9 others like this.
  9. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Take the pipe out of your mouth when you take a swig of beer.:shead:

10. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Inside the car temps here are well into tripe digits for a large part of the summer so I got into the habit of not leaving anything in the car. That and having a bic lighter explode taking out the windshield a couple of years ago.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  11. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

That might work! It's also easier for me to drive at noght, as there are fewer people on the sidewalks.

12. bubbagump

I'll never forget when I moved down to middle Georgia 11 years ago. I pulled up to a red light and a couple guys were chilling in a Miata with the top down. They both had a beer in their hand. This was the middle of the day. They clearly weren't trashed...that's just how they rolled.

13. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

When I first moved to Texas, over 30 years ago, the open container laws were -- um -- different. It was common to be offered a "roadie" when leaving somewhere.

Thuber88, FlatbushPaul and Texhealer like this.
  14. bubbagump

Yup. When I was in the military (five years ago)...I got a kick out of listening to the old timers drinking and driving stories. "The good old days," they called them.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  15. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Yep in the early 80's in Houston I remember getting pulled over for a light out and setting my beer on the dash when talking to the cop, he asked how many I'd had and I said two...he looked in The car and saw a six pack with two missing and wrote me a warning for the taillight.

Thuber88 and Coastal Bend like this.
  16. furious

furious Junque collector

I keep matches, zippo, cleaners in my car (2007 Accord) at all times. Also have a foil pouch of Carter Hall and an old Kaywoodie in the glove box lest I be caught out without a pipe.

Jeebs, bubbagump and FlatbushPaul like this.
  17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Rookie.

Moose, dwaugh, Skrymr and 7 others like this.
  18. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I keep a rotating stock of 2-3 cobs and usually a "travel briar" in my truck, along with a bevy of Burley, VaBurs, and usually a nice stinky english blend. I have three or four cobs that receive more abuse than the others, just by nature of access ;-)

At any given point there are between 0-6 lighters, and 0-11 tampers.

19. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I don't usually smoke in the car unless on a trip...not in the car long enough.

20. Albert

Albert Active Member

Ive got a tackle box full of cobs and small jars of various blends, boxes of matches, lighters, pipe tools etc.. I keep in the back end of the truck under the lid.

jpberg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.