1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

How many different pipe tobaccos do you own?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mington, Nov 2, 2010.

How many different pipe tobaccos do you own?

1. 1

1 vote(s)
  2. 2-5

4 vote(s)
  3. 6-10

7 vote(s)
  4. 11+

29 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    I probably have 40 or 50 open, something like a dozen or so I like enough to finish the tin in the next 6 months or so. Lots just get parked because they aren't quite as good as something else.
  2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    I have 54 jars in my rotation, and yes, I smoke, and enjoy them all. It takes a while, but they all get smoked at least once or twice a month. I tend to reach for about 20 or so on a fairly regular basis.
    There are probably another 20-25 blends in the cellar that aren't in the rotation.
    Guess that makes 75-80 blends total. As I understand it, there are a few thousand different blends available, not counting "house blends". T-Reviews lists 3,690, and I'm sure that ain't all that's available. Looks like I've got a ways to go.....
  3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Feb 11, 2010
    You people disgust me. Wait, I mean amaze. I didn't realize ADD was a common thread here! I would love to rip open every last untried blend in my cellar, but even I'm reluctant to do that. I admire you guys for your lack of restraint! One day, maybe one day...
  4. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I have a lot that I have not tried, I trade with a few guys. Once we got to know each others taste it was really fun. If I buy something and I think someone will enjoy it, ill send a sample and they do the same, its a great way to sample a vast amount of tobaccos without spending a lot of cash.

There seems to be a big craze right now about Park Lanes Red Paramour. I was at the Chicago show and Paul the owner of Park Lane, gave me a tin.

I LOVED it and bought a lb. I sent samples to friends and it started snowballing from there, now its the talk on a lot of forums and sales have skyrocketed.

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009

I benefitted from this via a sample Duke sent to DoverPipes. As soon as funds Permit I'll be buying 1# to age and some more to enjoy now, GREAT stuff that Red Paramore!!! :thumbsu:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programining... :groucho:
  6. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I have 12 tins open and another 26 in storage plus about three jars of store brand.
  7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Two years ago I had 7 tobacco varieties. A year ago I had 11. When I joined PSF I had 13, and now... :whistle:

Yorkshire 1 lb
    Blue Ribbon 1 lb
    Hamborger Veermaster 6 tins
    Aged Burley Flake 4 tins
    C&D Pegasus 1 tin
    Special Blend 6 oz
    Sweet Vanilla Honeydew 8 oz
    Especial De Carlos 8 oz
    Texas Ranger 4 oz
    Blackwoods Flake 1 tin
    Filmore 1 tin
    Key Largo 1 tin
    Frog Morton 1 tin
    Peterson's Irish Flake 1 tin
    Orlik Golden Sliced 1 tin
    Rattray's Terry Red 4 oz
    Sillem's Black 2 tins
    Old Toby 8 oz
    Treebeard 8 oz
    Shortcut to Mushrooms 8 oz
    Maple Street 1 tin

Some are open, others sealed or open bulk and some are sealed tins. Pre PSF I had about a pound of toby. Now I have over 8 lbs & nearly a pound on order.
  8. mhnd Al

mhnd Al Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Woow look how many types u got guys, am just having 1 type XD, when I finish it I buy another, but it seems not for long !
  9. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I have about fifty open jars in the den, and about fifty pounds of my ten or so favorites in the basement. I am just hedging against future shortages.
  10. noflex

noflex Member

May 8, 2009
    I try to keep 'em below 20, but I'm not doing so well right now, 26 open right now :whistle:
  11. grga

grga Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I have over 30 blends (beginner, like to try it all :eek:hyeah:), not all opened, though.
    However, I gave many of my tins to my friends, there is always blend that someone else would like if you don't remember that!
    I'm considering to keep and store in the cellar around 15 favorites and that's it...
  12. atwageman

atwageman Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Well I have over 300 tins of various VA's, English's, Balkan's and aromatics. Also I have about 40 pounds of bulk in mason jars. At times when I stand back and look at my cellar I think the amount I have has gone from insane to assanine.

Sometime after the first of the year im gonna send out some samples to share with the rest of the world. I have some special stuff in my collection that some folks here would be interested in trying, especially the newer pipe smokers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.