1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

How old is my tin?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by mtsgsd, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I just bought a tin of Frog Morton at the local B&M, and now I see what the fuss is all about!

I was wondering though. This store's smoking section is quite small now, and this tin was in a basket with about 10 other tins of various types, and I could easily believe it's been around a while. The number on the bottom is 452509. Is there a way to tell the date it was packed from this?

The store's story is impressive but sad. It's 100 years old today, and has been in the same family the entire time! but what started out mostly as a smoke shop is now more Kitch (spelling?), candy and bakery, with the smoking section getting smaller and smaller according to one of the owners. If you live in southern WI., I refer to Andrea's Smoke Shop in Kenosha.

2. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

2009 A solid year of age, should be pretty tasty! I haven't been to Andrea's in 15 years or so and the smoking section was pretty small back then but I did get a couple of Dunhill pipe accessories at a deep discount. :confused:

3. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

it's a nice little store in a very run-down neighborhood. Thought it meant 2009. Perfect! Yeah, it's real nice stuff.

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

McC tins go like this - blend(XX), batch(XX), year(XX).

You have blend #45, batch# 25, tinned in 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.