1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Humidity Packs?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dispatch, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

What do you use to store your pipe tobacco in and what type of humidifier do you use?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Glass jars w/ a good rubber type seal . With some of them I'll toss in those little disks ... http://wvsmokeshop.com/tobaccomoistners.aspx ... these work good for me . I also have some tobacco jars w/ their own humidifier gizmo . I've got one jar thats seals so well and has a huge humidifier that it nukes a dry blend in two days . I'll mix it up after the first day and see where it's at . I'd gotten some Wessex Burley that was dry and put it in there and forgot about for 4 days .. ooops .... had to let it dry a bit :)

3. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

I've used those disks in the past myself. They always tended to stick to the tobacco when put them in with the tobacco itself. I found these 'Humidi Pak's'. they seem to do the job when put in just about any container without sticking to the tobacco. I also like that they are waterless.
    http://www.humidipak.com/

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm sure those work well being modern and all but .. ya can dry em off before ya put em in .. lol

5. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

Due to a past disaster that destroyed a whole box of Ashton cigars, I never use the gel type humidifiers. :thdn:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.