1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hypothetically: Help me buy pipes/tobacco?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Thaisamurai, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Crazy, that.

Hot tip, fellers. For St. Bruno in the pouch we need a friend in Portugal for a group buy - it is quite cheap there for some reason. Last check on '09 was €5.00 at the dutyfree.

Anyone. Portugal? Hello, Portugal? I'll take 50 pouches.

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Anywhere in Spanish Teritory with the exception of the Canaries ( legally not part of the EEC so you can only bring out 250g of Duty Free - and Brit Customs go through the flights from the Canaries like a dose of salts looking for tobacco in Glasgow I can attest) will do.

Last time I was in Mallorca I paid £42.00 for a kilo of Erinmore Flake when the UK price was £84.00. Uk price is now about £9.35 for 50g so the same difference will apply. The rule is if you pay duty in one EEC Country you cannot be made to pay duty in another, so long as you buy in person and not by mail. Customs in the UK will try still to take it off you if you bring in more than 3kg though.

Any expats on the Forum?

Best to all

Gerry

3. Burner

Burner Member

Nice to know we're taxed till the pips squeak to pay for bankers bonuses while they cut all our public services. Excise duty is still technically payable on tobacco purchased in the EU and they can confiscate unless you arrange to have it paid in advance although they tend not to.

4. Burner

Burner Member

You don't pay excise duty if you bring it back in person though as Gerry said. I forgot to mention that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.