1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I am getting a Boswell

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by k9shag, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k9shag

k9shag Member

Just got off the phone with Julie and a new 2013 weathered stone poker (finished yesterday) will be on its way this afternoon. Will post a pic as soon as I can.

BradNTX, PipeSimmo and Dave Dueck like this.
  2. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Can't wait to see the pics, Congrats!:popc:

PipeSimmo likes this.
  3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Looked at the new selections today. I really like my one and only (so far) Boswell pipe.

PipeSimmo likes this.
  4. k9shag

k9shag Member

Here is the only pic I have as of now. This pipe never made it to the website.

[​IMG]

5. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Sweet! Great looking poker, and for the record, I LOVE the color of that stem! If it smokes just half as good as she looks, WoW!

6. Capt

Capt Active Member

Nice!

7. k9shag

k9shag Member

I was a little leery at first with the sapphire stem but have plenty of black vulcanite and acrylic stemmed pokers so it will be a nice addition. Having never smoked a Boswell but only read good things I am excited to smoke it. I will post more pics when it arrives. I am thinking some 7+ year old McClelland 2010 will be the tobacco of choice for this ones first bowl.

Artistik likes this.
  8. JBWright

JBWright Member

:appl: Very nice! I love their pokers.

9. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

:gjob:Well done!!!! I scored a churchwarden not too long ago after several attempts. You are really gonna like this pipe!!!!

10. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

Good stuff! Congrats!

11. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

I succumbed to temptation at the end of November, and the one I received is an amazing tobacco incinerator, in addition to being a beautiful piece of briar. In fact, I felt compelled to call them back and let them know how pleased I am with my Boswell pipe.

12. BigB

BigB Member

Very nice. I love pokers. I was hoping to get another Boswell today, but the shape I was looking for didn't pop up. I almost jumped on a few others though. There was several I liked.

I'm going to call over the weekend and see if maybe they have one I like on the rack.

Sounds like having them email pictures wasn't too much trouble?

13. k9shag

k9shag Member

I'm going to call over the weekend and see if maybe they have one I like on the rack.

Do call. Like I stated mine was never put on the site and was scheduled to be posted at a later date. While on the phone with Julie I told her that I wanted a deep bowl poker so she text messaged some pics. I did not care for those sent and asked if there were any other at which time she sent the one that I bought.

14. BigB

BigB Member

I ended up emailing them yesterday afternoon probably right before they closed (I'm in California). I gave a basic description of what I was looking for and Julie sent me pictures of 3 pipes first thing this morning.

I went with the bottom one. It's a pretty basic looking pipe, but I love the shape.

I have to say everyone at Boswell's, and especially Julie go out of their way to be helpful and friendly.
    [​IMG]

15. k9shag

k9shag Member

Well its here Xmas in January.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will let you know how it smokes in a bit. (probably gonna take about 2 hours with this bowl)

16. BigB

BigB Member

Very nice man. Does it have Dan's initials on it under JM's signature?

17. k9shag

k9shag Member

Yes I believe thats what they are hard to read.

18. BigB

BigB Member

Cool. My understanding is they will have his initials when he does the rustication. He calls it weathered stone, it's less craggy than JM's rustication.

19. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Great looking poker! :th1:

I have the hardest time not adding pokers to my PAD list... :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.