1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I am tempted to get me a Briar...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Professor, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor

Professor Active Member

Yepp - exactly what I was thinking...or maybe I just wanna see the students faces when I stroll around campus with a neon-pipe?! :xd:

Calabash? OMG! My dream! Of course it has to be one with Meerschaum insert made of 100% solid Block Meerschaum! But beware! My supplier sells those for $150 - $200 (excl. VAT).
    Probably (meaning very likely) they are much cheaper at your 'House of Calabash'. Good luck! :puffy:

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I understand your desire for a briar pipe after smoking nothing but meerschaum. After years of dating supermodels, I recently opted for someone ugly and disagreeable.

I think this occasional downgrading just makes us more human. It gives us perspective.

But... you're not actually going to SMOKE the briar, are you???? :eek:

Disclaimer: This post was made in jest. No disparagement intended towards briar smokers and no briar pipes were harmed during the making of this post (that occurred much earlier!). :D

NoRm likes this.
  3. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

actually its a tobacco shop. he has some blends he has been aging like 40 years....

Professor likes this.
  4. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Disparagement is always directed at some unnamed briar smokers.

dmkerr likes this.
  5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I usually prefer to name the people I disparage - makes it more fun!

6. Professor

Professor Active Member

Yepp - that might be it. Anyway: Experimenting (almost...) never hurts and even if it does: You gain experience!:)

You nailed it: Perspective!

I hope not... :xd: ...and if I should ever should feel that I'm about to - I will holler here on the forum and ask for immediate assistance!:)

dmkerr likes this.
  7. Professor

Professor Active Member

Awww! What a pity. But they sure must have 1 or 2 Calabash pipes in stock or at least on display?! Check them out! :) But leave your credit-card at home...;)

8. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

im sure!

part of the reason im a bit broke right now is i just bought a meer from altinok.. its a lattice 1/2 bent brandy that is still being made. nothing in the 200.00 range or anything, but enough to have to take it easy for a bit.

9. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

I agree, but I have been trying to take it easy on berg for a change.

dmkerr likes this.
  10. Professor

Professor Active Member

Sweeeeet! :)

11. Rob DiLuca

Rob DiLuca New Member

Personally, I have a tough time picking a favorite. I think they all look like keepers. Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.