1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought another pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ECross, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECross

ECross Member

Last one for a while now, I promise. I've got 2 orders of tobacco in the mail and I topped it off by ordering this pipe today.

How do you feel about the shape? The ebony finish? And the Peterson System?

Peterson System Standard Ebony 305 Fishtail

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Me likey, likey and likey. Helpful, yes? (I would deduct half a likey for no p-lip, but that is a subjective choice, and I won't go there.)

3. scavenger

scavenger Member

nice! I'm definitely a fan of the ebony finish but my opinion is a little biased since i like black and most of everything i buy i look for in black (clothes, lighters, phones...etc.) The shape is pretty cool, i would definitely sport this pipe. As for the Peterson system I can't give an educated opinion since i haven't had the pleasure of trying one out.

Overall that's a pretty bad ass pipe, enjoy breaking it in!

Scavenger :thumbsu:

4. Jay

Jay Active Member

that will have the ladies swooning and the guys drooling!

5. yinyang

Vicey versa works too!

A polished black pipe has a debonaire(sp?...I ain't French) look to it...regardless of any other gripes, pipe wise, you'll be stylin' and profilin'. (I just quoted a wrestler....you owe me, Ecross.) I personally don't own a black pipe, but you can count me as a jealous admirer! Corn cobs, etc. can't quite touch the business or casual appeal of that Pete!

6. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

I really like the Ebony finish!

I just got a Peterson System XL305 and it smokes very well. The system seems to work well to keep the smoke dry and the pipe from gurgling. The trade off is you have to make sure you clean that well afterwards because it's a nasty little collection of tar in your pipe.

I also deduct a 1/2 point for no P-Lip....I really like the one on my pipe. A nice design that I think everyone should try at some point.

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I like the shape and finish. Here's to many years of smoking pleasure with her! :cheers:

I don't own a Pete yet, and don't have one on the immediate PAD list because I can't narrow it down to which one I want yet. There are 4-5 I really like. When I get a fix on the right one for me, I'll snap one.

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Same here on the ebony/black things Scavenger.
    I have a ebony Pete Killarney, just ordered an ebony meer (no...it's not black on the inside Kyle....lol), and have my eye on an ebony Sav next. :thumb:

That new pipe is a beaut!!! Enjoy!

9. Prof

Prof Member

Ok, I have an ebony Cara Pete in the same shape...and I have some advice. Swab that sucker out with a swab and ever clear, lots and lots. My swabs came out black as jet for probably half hour, that bowl was covered with the black stain as I now believe that these pipes are dip stained...I tried smoking this pipe without cleaning the stain, and the smoke was horrible, just nasty as it could be. Then I did some reading and cleaned the pipe out over and over, and it improved the pipe 1000%. Just saying.

Sweet looking pipe, enjoy it.

B

10. yinyang

It's not black on the inside....yet. Smoke it a tad and it will get there.

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Peterson's System does work and well, though you may need to "rock" the pipe a little when dealing with a really moist tobacco.

Personally for looks I prefer the fishtail, but the P-Lip really does help the System to work.

As for the black finish - it positively reeks sophistication.

Enjoy in good health for very many years,

Best to all

Gerry

12. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

That pipe really classes this joint up.

Nicely done, let us know how she smokes for you.

13. ECross

ECross Member

Thanks for the comments. The last Peterson I bought had a P-Lip so I decided to get one with a fishtail this time; though I do enjoy the P-Lip. That same Peterson (B10) needed some out-of-the-box cleaning, which I realized after I smoked it a few times. I gave it the salt/alcohol treatment and the salt turned a reddish brown colour, must have been the stain.

I am so excited for this pipe to show up in the mail, and I'll definitely let you gentlemen know how it turns out.

Elijah

14. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

Well...since you've already have a P-Lip, then I will add my 1/2 point deduction back on.

Interesting that it needed the treatment...the one I got had a coating on the inside and didn't seem stained. Even tho it was an "estate pipe", according to the buyer it was his grandpa's and was just sitting in the box and never used apparently. Wonder if the staining has something to do with when the pipes were made?

15. Jayhp

Jayhp Member

Really nice!!!

16. ECross

ECross Member

Thank you.

Yeah I wonder if they stain them differently these days. I'm curious to see if and how the ebony finish is different than the others in that regard. Will it need to be salted also? Guess I'll see.

17. yinyang

A P-lip here,a fishtail there, seriously...make up your mind! I take off a full 'likey' for wishy-washyness! :0laugh:

18. Edlj

Edlj Member

I wonder how many of us have said that?? And how often?? I tell my wife "this is the last one Honey"--and when she's outa earshot its"until the next one"!
    Enjoy your pipe!

19. pipey

pipey Member

That bad boy is beautiful... luck you!!

I'm looking to get a pipe very similar myself.

20. freestoke

freestoke Member

I'm ADDING a point for no p-lip! Thinking about digging out the Dremel on my Peterson's and grinding me a proper hole in the stem.

Great lookin' pipe and it'll no doubt smoke great, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.