1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I cannot take credit for this link, but check it out.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by erickghint, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erickghint

erickghint Member

So I was checking out Phil's first resto job, and he had posted this link to a Wally Frank catalog from 1939. After looking at the great job he did on his pipe, I decided to take a look at the catalog. Man this is cool as hell. Pipes going for $1-5, tobacco for $1 or two a pound, lol. At any rate, some pages of note:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12266052_gZ5Z5#874601362_dyDJZ

Cover - Rudyard Kipling
    pg 5 - Zippo ad, and "first meerschaum pipe" story.
    pg 7 - 1939 Blondie comic
    pg 9 - "Buster Briar" comic/ad, 1939 NY World's Fair pipe

Sorry about the cross post, but I figured you guys might like this, and thanks to Phil for bringing it up in the first place. :0laugh:

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone should add it to our links page......... :0laugh:

3. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Thanks for sharing, can u imagine a zippo for $1.25. I love seeing things from that era.

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Very cool link. Which category do you think it should go in? It doesn't really fit anywhere.

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

i love seeing things like that too the book shelf not 2 feet to my left is filled to the brim with old Popular Mechanics mags from all the way back to the early 20's up till the 60's. I love to thumb through them at times and see all the old adds, like the old pipe adds for a brand new pipe for 2 or 3 bucks...

6. erickghint

erickghint Member

It would be cool if there were a vintage pipe/tobacco ads area to post in. I'd love to see what else people can find.

7. Coffee-Cup

Coffee-Cup Member

Wow! This is certainly a flash for the past. :roflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.