1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I couldn't help myself....

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Bahnzo, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

On Ebay

Seemed a good price for a new Peterson, and it has everything I wanted in my next pipe...a P-Lip, rusticated, and that classic bent shape. I promised I was going to wait for another pipe, but the opportunity to snag it at this price won out over reason. With my TAD order yesterday, I think I'm done for awhile......

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

It's a Classic - you had to do it, you know you just had to!

Many happy years with it,

Gerry

3. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

Thanks Gerry!

If this is truly a Peterson Premier with the sterling silver, then I got one heck of deal.....
    New Premier at CupOJoes....

Have to wait and see what comes in the package...

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Can't beat a Pete! Congratulations and enjoy.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I agree you got one hell of a deal...as long as the seller is confusing 'a mark' on the nickel band as a hallmark. That said, you still paid less than the going rate for a (regular)rusticated System pipe, so good show! (They make a great pipe, these systems, so you shouldn't regret it either way for a moment!)

6. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

Right, I think I did well either way. Now, I'm curious as if it's a real Premier line....I didn't do a lot of research, just checked ebay and saw this was ready to expire for a good price so I jumped. Now I wonder what I actually jumped on....

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It looks like a "System Standard" to me, nickel mount, which will bear the fake hallmarks.

Premier, DeLuxe etc are all smooth pipes as far as I know, and unstained. (EDIT - I see in the link that there is a blasted premier, so I better change my tune.)

Either way you got a good deal it looks like. A new XL305 system runs up near a hunny.

8. an1m4l

an1m4l Member

That looks good. Congrats. :thumbsu:

9. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Nice pipe at a nice price! I've never tried their system pipes, but I've got a Kapet fishtail and a Spigot that both smoke like a dream. I hope you enjoy your new Pete in the best of health, Bahnzo!

10. jhe888

jhe888 Member

A Classic Pete, and a good price even if not a deluxe model.

11. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

In the end, deluxe-shmucks. The beauty in these systems are in the inside, no matter the amount of polish put on the outside. I still say you got a great deal. When you get it, feel free to do a little jig. (And post it on youtube...)

12. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

Funny enough I was watching that exact pipe but held out when the bidding went up :) Glad somebody here at PSF got it looks like a good deal.

13. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

As Bannard said, you got a standard - yours is rusticated, with a nickel band, while the more polished premier is blasted, and has a sterling band - and as everyone else said, it really doesn't matter. You got a nice pipe at a nice price. Hope you enjoy it.

14. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Please don't :poke: our lovable Pet.......It's always a messy clean up. Sometimes I think we need a Front Loader.

:xd:

15. telltime

telltime Active Member

Congrats. You got a good deal and a great pipe either way. May you enjoy it immediately and far into the future.

16. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

I think you are right...I did some searching on the Peterson web site and they don't show a Premier in an XL305 style either.

17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

No worries though, you've got a nice pipe. I really do hope it works well for you. I'm an absolute sucker for Petes, my first non-basket pipe was a Pete, and I've loved them ever since.

18. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Member

The Pete arrived today. As suspected, it's a standard. But very nice, and everything I was hoping for. Surprisingly light, a perfect sized bowl (if this is considered large for Peterson, I'm not sure I'd like a smaller one) and hangs very nice from the jaw while doing something else with the hands.

Now...to fill it and smoke it!

19. len smetona

len smetona Member

Nice snag on eBay, I have a similar pipe and love it. Throw some q-tips in your pipe kit to swab out the "system" sump. The spigot style sure makes for a strong shank, and easy replaceable stems. Heck you could even swap out fishtail or p-lip on the same pipe.

Cheers,
    Len S

20. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

Love the pipe, Love the price too. How'd I miss that one (must have been sleep'n).

BTW I dig the Wes Montgomery avatar I'm a big fan myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.