1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I finally won an ebay auction

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gunsmoke, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

I just won this on eBay. This is the 1st time I've won a real auction & didn't get outbid at the last second. My link

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Excellent deal on a Pete 80s P-Lip. You should enjoy it very much.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nice score man ! Thats a comfortable shape to hold and should sit in the mouth nice too ... killer

4. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Good looking piece and my favorite shape..Well done!

Jay

5. ryan65

ryan65 Member

holla crap thats a friggin steal!!! i hate bidding on petes cus i can never get a good deal, sometimes they end up being more expensive than the same model bran new! wow thats an awesome buy man.... Im jealous lol :bigyellowgrin:

6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

That's a great deal for a pete p-lip! I love the look of that paneled shank....

As usual, just check the mortise to make sure all the stain's gone, or you'll get a nasty taste for sure!

7. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

:bigyellowgrin:

8. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Whoa, sweet looking smokin stick. :thumb:

9. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

popular brand, popular shape, popular finish and you got it for.... about twice what people normally pay for shipping.

very nice grab. seriously, congratulations.

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

Thanks guys. Peterson wasn't listed in the item description so the usual lot of eBay Peterson lunatics didn't catch it. I just got lucky & stumbled across this one. It never fails to amaze me why a person would pay as much for a used Peterson when they can buy the same pipe new for 0.99$ more. That being said I was totally stoked when I won this one.

11. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

Yes, very good deal if it's in good condition. The pic doesn't show any other angles of the pipe. Hope it is though!

12. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Well done and a good score at a steal of a price! As Dondi says watch out for that stain's taste it can be truly awful and long lasting, but once you get through that phase you're in business.

Congratulations again and many happy years with it,

Gerry

13. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yah I totally agree with you and I'm pretty sure thats why you slipped away with this price as I'm always doing a search for a pete and everyone I ever see has atleast 6 bids so I usually don't bother bidding cus I can just buy the same pipe for the same price new. Same goes with savi's but I did just luck out last week and won a sherwood for just under 12 bucks which required a last minute sneak bid lol :thumb:

14. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Congrats on getting such a bargain, gunsmoke! If it smokes half as good as it looks, you'll get years of enjoyment from it!

Bri2k

15. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

I too have a (straight) bulldog Pete Killarney (with conventional button) and it is a fine smoking pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.