1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I Got Me A New Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by NewKidOnTheBlock, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock Member

Hey guys I picked up a Bruyere Garantie and I was very excited to get it and I wanted to show it off.

[​IMG]

Now, does the wind cap affect the burning tobacco? For example, does it make it burn unevenly? Or does it burn slower? Or neither of these?

2. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Don't know anything about wind caps. I just wanted to tell you, I really like your new pipe. To put it crudely, your pipe is kick ass! Looks like an immediate collectable. Thanks for showing it to us.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

really nice looking pipe and I wish you Many Happy Years with it.

Some pipe's just have lids for show, but I do use one when smoking outdoors in a big wind such as you get in the hills or the seashore. I use them to control the burn rate otherwise even with a flake tobacco the tobacco burns away too quickly and smokes hot,

Best to all

Gerry

4. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

That is a good looking pipe! Where did you get it? It does look like a collectable. I bet it smokes great.

Z

5. NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock Member

Thanks for all of the responses!

I got it at some hole in the wall antique store, here in Michigan.

6. pottsy

pottsy Member

Nice find you got there. I'm not sure I would smoke it though. Looks more like a display piece, so you can make up fancy stories about it belonging to your great great great great great grandpa, who was a merchant shipper, gone pirate and like to smoke a fancy pipe.

7. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

What Gerry said.

I find even with a wind cap that I need to cover my pipe out of doors on very windy days with the palm of my hand. But generally speaking a wind cap works extremely well. The ones like yours look some much nicer than those inexpensive metal ones bought as an accessory.

Nice looking pipe. It has that old world charm about it. I wish you good smokes with it.

8. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Very cool pipe.

9. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Very cool looking pipe. I searched it on Google and could only find this, which is also interesting:

1950s Bruyere Pipe

10. BobJ

BobJ Member

Very nice pipe. I definitely would make up some yarn about it like it belonged to an exiled Russian zsar or it was found hidden in a drawer of the "resolute" desk. Tell your kids you want it donated to the Smithsonian when you croak. Have some fun with it! Nice find!

11. Prof

Prof Member

Ok, wait...now with the understanding that I like historic pipes, and I think that pipe is cool...it is a pipe only a mother could love, kind of like the face of a boston terrier, cute but eeek! :whistle:

12. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I have had a couple similar to that one. Mine had a chain between the bowl and stem...called a "skiers pipe", I think. The idea was that the push stem wouldn't get lost in case the skier wiped out....
    The wind cap is handy for out doors smoking. Nice find!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.