1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I had a pipe, now it has gone....

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by enjoyasmoke, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enjoyasmoke

enjoyasmoke Member

Evening chaps,
    I haven't posted anything for a while and this is why...
    So I was getting up for work a couple of days ago, I had a 600 mile trip with many a delivery to make. I collected all my kit and kaboodle together, GPS, Pipe, Royal Yacht and a couple of ham sandwiches. I put it in a pile ready to pick up and throw into the autotruck. Kissed Mrs. S goodbye, picked the kit up and started the trip. This was abut 0300. By 0600 I thought I may have my first pipe of the day, pulled into a safe area and started hunting for my wee briar....shock upon shock, terror upon terror. I couldn't find it. I pulled the truck apart and still no sign. It's been 3 days nw and my little Orlick briar is still AWOL. He was my first pipe and just about broken in....He shall be missed.

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Have you called home to see if the Mrs. has seen it maybe it slipped out, ya never know....

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I hope you find it. I hear Orliks are nice pipes.

4. Major

Major Member

Damn Pipe Pixies!! How low will they go !! :growl:

5. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

Misplacing a pipe is a terrible feeling. Thankfully, all my misteps have been traced, never losing any on my own. The ones stolen from me have left a deep hole, but there isn't anything I can do for them...

6. beeftip

beeftip Member

This is one of my biggest fears. I'm also afraid of the Amish, antiques and anything corduroy.

Seriously though, that sucks. I've been very lucky with my pipes thus far. Stories like this remind me to be careful. I hope your pipe turns up.

7. Jay

Jay Active Member

D'oh!

8. enjoyasmoke

enjoyasmoke Member

Morning chaps
    Cheers for the replies,
    Home has been searched, the wife and all 3 cats were questioned with varying degrees of intensity.
    Still AWOL!! The only thing I can think of it has was dropped when I was loading up the Autotruck and as it was dark and raining I didn't notice......D'oh! indeed.
    Although a lesson has been learnt.....don't rush, take your time and everything will come up roses, just like smoking the old pipe.

Toodle pip for now

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

What a drag ... first pipe . That hurts . Maybe you'll luck out and it will pop up soon !

10. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

If someone has it, pray that they ship it to you

11. Hothog

Hothog Member

Is it not in your mouth ready to light?

12. enjoyasmoke

enjoyasmoke Member

Morning chaps,
    Just double checked and it's definately not in my mouth.
    Happy IPSD

Toodle pip for now

13. enjoyasmoke

enjoyasmoke Member

Afternoon chaps,
    To ease the pain of losing my Orlick Briar (gone but not forgotten), I have been buying up some estate pipes from flea bay.
    So far I have purchased:
    Falcon AN11 (looking forward to trying a Falcon out after reading Jerrys post about them)
    An unknown make with silver fillagree on it, a bit pouncy but it was with the Falcon.
    London made special
    Kay Woodie with leather trim
    and finally a Peterson (trying to find out which model at the moment)
    All bought and paid for and the total came in for less than 3 tins of My mixture 965.
    **Bloomin t'interweb won't let me get the images**
    Toodle pip

14. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

An emergency pipe in the glovebox is a beautiful thing. I might take to leaving an full emergency kit with a tin of flake, a bic, and a czech tool. With a beaten up estate pipe or MM cob it could be the best 20 dollars ever spent.

15. enjoyasmoke

enjoyasmoke Member

That will be the boy scout training kicking in.....

16. enjoyasmoke

enjoyasmoke Member

17. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

Those all look great! Enjoy them! Who knows - maybe you will be kicking about and turn uo your Orlik, too, then you'll have a full brace for smoking!!!

I am smitten with that silver "caged" briar, and the Falcon looks inviting, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.