1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

i have no idea who made this, and it definitely isnt the prettiest...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by fluid, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fluid

fluid Member

i have no idea who made this, and it definitely isnt the prettiest... but for ten bucks and the fact that it smokes pretty decently i think i got a good one... i actually like the way it looks. the stem needs replacing, its a cheap-o plastic stem, pretty sure i can find a replacement for that (any suggestions?)

just started breaking this thing in today, first smoke was not that bad really. happy with my $10 purchase...

http://www.elderfuthark.com/hickory.png

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I actually like the look of this one. Is it a cherrywood by Ropp or what?

Happy smoking

Gerry

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

If you like it, that's what counts. As far as a new stem, it looks like the lifetime stems for corn cobs would serve you well.

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Very cool looking pipe, fl'id. I never saw one like it before. :thumb:

5. CMcF

CMcF Member

Very cool looking pipe, I really like the metal ring.

6. fluid

fluid Member

i have no clue who made this thing... and it is hickory. found it on ebay for $10 unsmoked... like i said, im not to keen on the stem at all, and the bottom of the bowl seems to be chiseled out instead of bored, but it really smokes pretty well considering.

7. Major

Major Member

Thats a hickory pipe my friends. A fine looking specimen I might add. Where did ya locate it as I've only seenn 1 or two like it in the last few months.

8. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

That pipe is badass, 10 bucks unsmoked yeah i would have jumped all over it as well. Well great find!! :goodjob:

9. fluid

fluid Member

was on ebay. not sure if the person that sold it to me made it, or bought it from somewhere, or what... if im not mistaken he had 2 or 3 of them posted. if he would get his chamber boring a little better, and his staining (the stain on this had dripped down into the bowl in one small spot, but was easy to clean and fix) i would certainly replace it with the refined techniques.

hes got another one up for a small amount more than the one i bought. maybe it has a better bore. lol... its $10.99

the stem in this one is also sitting pretty loose, will have to see if a new stem fixes that, if not im sure i can manage something.

dont know if i can post a link to a live auction here or not, so im refraining. if its allowed let me know and ill edit and post the link

10. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I like it. This is no pipe for a candy-ass. I've got one word. Macho!

OBD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.