I just had an "aha" moment

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Arkie, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

I just got back from a smoke break and it was one of those smokes that tasted so good I didn't want it to end. I was smoking Reiner's Long Golden Flake in a billiard. I've smoked that blend before but it has never tasted as good as it did this time. This blend is similar to Orlik's Golden slices but, IMHO, it's much better.

Hawkwood, Old Codger, woody and 3 others like this.
  2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

3. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Love those moments of Pipe Zen.

Old Codger likes this.
  4. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

I'll have to go back and try this blend again. I kinda thought that it was boring when I first smoked it and not worth the price tag.

However, I felt the same thing about Orlik's Golden Slices and now I love those!

5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I had that experience on Saturday with a Falcon full of Nightcap. Best smoke I've had all week. I was almost a little sad when it was over.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

We all like a good smoke, but don't you really keep at it just for those perfect ones? I think maybe I do.

Brian and Arkie like this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

That so cool ! Certain blends give me that alot ... and I love it ! I dont think I havent had an aha moment smoking Three Nuns ... no doubt , any time I light it up , my first thought is OMG .. is this really happening ! It's the same thing w/ Ogdens Walnut but in a Hulk kind of way ... I just grunt , not much speakin ... kind of an Grruah . I love those blends so much ... they are mind benders . Heinrich Kentucky does it too :th1: ....... ENJOY !

Arkie likes this.
  8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

They times are memorable. Sometimes I'll be reading out by the lake smoking something that I just randomly chose and I'll find that I'm at the bottom of the bowl and half an hour or more has just passed by, a page hasn't been turned.

DeusExMachina and SouthBound like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.