1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I JUST HAD TO SMOKE IT

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by RTOdhner, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure about it t first, but it's growing on me. I love the style, and it's the one line of Peterson pipes that I collect, so I figure I'd buy it even if I was at first indifferent to the finish. It's actually the best smoking Pete that I've yet bought. The finish, along with the grain, gives it an almost tiger-stripe look to it so it's kind of cool. It's a little too early to tell, but I think it might just turn out to be one of my favorite pipes.

Old Codger likes this.
  2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Of course you smoked it! It's what St Paddy would have wanted.

I can justify any dang situation you want. No charge. Rationalization? Nah! I just make sh*t up! Whatever works! :ohyh:

RTOdhner and Old Codger like this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Damn right you had to smoke it ......How could you not ! I love the color

RTOdhner likes this.
  4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I love that shape! It looks great in this year's finish. I'm sure yours will treat you well :)

FWIW, I got right to mine, too. I think my goal is to have it fully broken in by St Patrick's Day!

RTOdhner likes this.
  5. Murph

Murph Member

Only 2 half bowls so far in my B58 poker.I have to say so far it is my best smoking pipe. The finish was odd looking at first but it growing fast and I'm am really liking it. My goal is to had compleaty broken in by St. Patrick Day so I can really enjoy it.

RTOdhner and Tony Malerich like this.
  6. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

I eyeballed this pipe up at Georgetown Tobacco in DC this past weekend and I couldn't figure out what shape it was. It was a really cool variation on a pot or apple, but with a seriously nice heaviness to it that seems sort of bent Rhodesian. Well I just couldn't label it, but it is one of the nicest and most unique petersons I've seen in a long while.

RTOdhner likes this.
  7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

One of the things I really like about the Peterson company is their interpretation of many of the traditional shapes.

8. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

I really like that Peterson shape!
    Congrats on a nice purchase!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.