1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I Lost My Notes

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Last week I was tidying up the tobacco cabinet that I call a cellar, and I came across three "kitchen sink" blends (a total of about two pounds) that are all dated 07/04/11. I think that's when I started to cellar and was fancying myself as a blender of sorts - so I took two tubs of Prince Albert and started blending it with a bunch of left over tins of this and that. I'm pretty sure I wrote down what's in them, but I can't find the damn note pad so I don't have a clue about what's actually in them. One blend is labelled Yorktown, one is labelled Yankee Clipper, and one is labelled as Old Kilt. I think the Old Kilt has a Stokkebye coffee-flavored aromatic in it. I'm pretty sure they all have a healthy dose of Virginia leaf in them. I mixed a left-over tin of Peterson Irish Oak and and a left-over tin of McConnell Red Virginia (both have Perique) into either the Yankee Clipper or the Yorktown, but I can't remember which one.

I've had an urge to smoke these "creations," but I've got a bunch of stuff already opened as it is. Also, I'm undecided if I want to wait a full year to let whatever is in those jars marry, or if I should just let the curiosity get the better of me and crack them now. What says the peanut gallery? Crack them open or wait a few more months?

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Do you really think anyone on here would tell you to wait? We all have problems with such discipline. Open 'em now. Not tomorrow, not in an hour... now! :D

RTOdhner, TRAVIS and zirrow like this.
  3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Open them now! :thu2:

RTOdhner likes this.
  4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

WAIT!!!!
    (just kidding)
    :beck:

RTOdhner likes this.
  5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

This. I've never been one for patience.
    That said, I have a blend made out of a couple of B&M ounces that I didn't care for. I sprinkled a bit of bourbon on the whole mess and called it "Old Drunken Bastard." I'm going to let it sit a while longer before I fire it off.

RTOdhner likes this.
  6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

WAIT!!!!
    (not kidding)
    :beck:

RTOdhner likes this.
  7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

There's one in every crowd. :D

RTOdhner, Rewster66 and cobbsmoker like this.
  8. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

A mate makes me some Bourbon he calls Wild Duck wich i've flavoured a few tobaccos with and had great results.

RTOdhner likes this.
  9. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

It's good to have useful friends. Mine make beer. That means I don't have to take that up as a hobby.

sorringowl, RTOdhner and TRAVIS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.