I need a new Tobacco; Input please

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Grim_Puffer, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Hi guys, it has been a long while sense I posted on here but I have sitll been smoking and enjoying my pipes.

I kind of went through a snus phase but found I cannot keep doing it because it messes with my anxiety pretty bad so here I am.

I have several blends in storage I refuse to open because it has been almost 5 years since I bought them and figured I would allow them to continue ageing.

The one blend I find I keep coming back too is Frog Morton and Frog Morton on the Town.

I could smoke those all day they are so smooth.

But I am looking for others that fit that nice mild to med oriental blend. Enough Lat that you know it is there but a splash of orientals to cool it down.

Im open to any and all opinions as I am sure there are new blends out that I am not aware of.

Cheers, and thanks for the help!

2. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Frog Morton's Cellar is a slightly whiskey flavored Frog with heavier Lat, tiny oriental(?) and a chunk of stave whiskey cube in each tin.

Mington likes this.
  3. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

4. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Wow, will definately have to try the Frog Morton Cellar.

I do not know how it happened but I just kept going back to those Frog Morton blends because they are just so easy to smoke.

Mington likes this.
  5. 421eme

421eme Member

This stuff is in a word - Awesome!

I believe I've found my everyday tobacco. It has just the taste I've been looking for.

Can't go wrong with Cellar.

Cheers, Carl

Mington likes this.
  6. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

If you like the Frogs, I suggest Shortcut to Mushrooms. Similar but a touch sweeter.

Mington likes this.
  7. craig

craig Active Member

Id suggest gawith and hoggarth balkan mixture or rattrays seven reserve from whqt i remember it smoked pretty nicely and wasnt too overpowering

8. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

The wife 'messes with my anxiety pretty bad' - so I go off and smoke some Presbyterian.....some of that might help you:)
    OT

9. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Balkan Saseini is one of my favorite Balkans, some lat, but enough Orientals to keep it interesting. Of course the new Balkan Sobranie fits the bill perfectly for what you're describing if you can find it.
    This sounds exactly like what I think of while smoking most Balkan style blends.

p120d16y likes this.
  10. craig

craig Active Member

I thought you wife justs texts you while your pipe making to clean the house and cook a steak with a nice sauce lol

Old Ted likes this.
  11. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I am not sure how helpful I can be seeing as that I really don't like FM or FMATP, but I love extolling the virtues of Squadron Leader and just reviewed it this morning on TR so it is fresh on my mind. It is tops for me in the mild to medium english genre.

Jussto likes this.
  12. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

If you like Frog Morton I would recommend the McClelland bulk #5110 Dark English for an economy smoke...:th1:

p120d16y likes this.
  13. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

When I was an English smoker I enjoyed Frog on the Bayou and Two Friends Deacons Downfall quite a bit.

14. roberted5

roberted5 Member

If you like Frogmorten and get used to it or find it a little boring,any of the Dunhill Latakia blends are worth a try.I'd suggest Early Morning pipe.
    Many pipe shops will let you sample a bowl of bulk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.