1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I need some self control...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

http://www.iwanries.com/ben-wade-western-P12193C1644.cfm

Lord, give me the strength to not purchase this pipe!

I need to save my money, there are more important things to use it for...I need to save, I need to save...

But with USPS priority shipping I can get that gorgeous pipe for under 50 dollars...

And if it smokes anything like the Ben Wade I already have, it would be MORE than worth the price asked.....

Great. Now my skin is crawling and I'm feeling that itch...

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Be glad it's only PAD, nesta. ;)

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Very nice rustication. I've had PAD, but am not spending the $$ either. Trying to save, save, save...

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Uh oh...I just spent three dollars on a scratch card and won 25....

This is getting harder to resist by the minute :msty:

5. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

It's a sign!

6. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

Your self control is pretty darn good right now. I'd just call it a reward...im a terrible influence aren't i!?! ;)

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

http://www.iwanries.com/irc-exclusive-sandblast-P2300C269.cfm

This one is even more affordable, but not by a measurable degree, but I still like the looks of it. It's made by Savinelli apparently. I've had a cheap Sav before but that was before I knew how to smoke a pipe properly and couldn't enjoy it. A minor flaw resulted in the pipe being discarded because I didn't realize how easy it would have been to fix it. Anybody know about the pipes made "exclusively" for Iwan Ries by Savinelli? Would it likely be as good quality as the Ben Wade? I know they are both reputable makers - but the BW is a Western, same line as the one I have already which smokes like a dream (though the local B&M charged a pretty penny more for it than IR)

8. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Asking pipe forums members whom are all a bunch of enablers to begin with just is not going to cure your problem sir!

RTOdhner likes this.
  9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Nestsa, this is the Ben Wade Canadian, eh. Don't be a hoser, buy me eh. You could don a touq, play some Rush (Getty Lee is a god, eh), fire up the Coleman and cook some back bacon, knock back some cold Mooseheads, Labatts, or Molsons, and smoke me, eh. Need strength not to buy me? Take off. Just do it, eh.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Toque, and I never met anybody who actually says hoser :whis:

And I like(d) Molson Canadian alright, but Labatt and Moosehead did nothing for me...Molson I mostly liked because it was pretty decent AND pretty cheap here....don't drink any more though.....

But yeah, always wanted a second Canadian in my life....

11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

:xd:

12. RTOdhner

So, are you trying to tell me Doug and Bob are not true Canadian cultural icons?

13. BradNTX

I think it more likely he doesn't remember the 70's & 80's when some Canadians were more prone to those stereotypes. :bag:

14. RTOdhner

Damn, I did date myself didn't I? Next you're gonna tell me that Canada isn't our 51st state, aren't you? :doh:

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I remember the Eighties....well, a few years of it, before I knew what or where "Canada" was.....

Hmm, pipe smokers make me feel like a little kid.....kinda nice to be among the youngest haha....better than when I'll be going back to school and feeling like the oldest student!

16. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Those are both nice pipes, whichever one you get, be sure to ask Iwan Ries to throw in some baccy samples, they're excellent folks to deal with :bing:

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Ok, here's the plan on how to decide whether or not I'll buy a new pipe (I REALLY want to, but you know...)

I'll cash in the ticket for my 25 bucks. I'll pocket 20 and be garaunteed to come out ahead. I'll spend the other five on a few more scratch cards....IF I win more than 10 dollars from those new cards, which I doubt I would, then I'll go ahead and get the Savinelli or the Ben Wade.......though I was also looking at some Jirsa pipes, which I know nothing about but like the looks of...

If I dont win anything on the new cards, I'll just leave it at that and be happy to be a few dollars richer than I previously was.

18. BradNTX

Sounds like a plan. :)

19. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Thats 2 tins of nice tobacco!

20. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Wow! I just bought a Northern Briar from the Chicago Show and they didnt send me any!!!! $140 for the pipe and no baccy!!! I bought a Ben Wade a few months ago and they sent me a sample of tobacco. The pipe was $50!!!!! The horror of it all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.