1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I quit...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Smoking cigs that is. Don't know how don't know why, I just did. I woke up a few days ago and didn't want a stoge. And it just stayed that way. No cravings no irritability. Been smoking since I joined the corps a few years ago in 05. Pack a day since, along with dip, cigars and my pipe. Don't dip, or smoke cigs now. Cigar once every solstice and pipe everyday.

I can't offer advice or write a how to, I just quit and wanted to tell you guys.

That and I spent all day working cows in 87 degree weather. I love life.

Thanks for reading.

2. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

Congratulations Black, quite an accomplishment!

Enjoy the pipe for many years my friend!

-Van

3. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Congrats man! Thats a great thing you've accomplished! Hope you have many wonderful bowls ahead of you and many healthy years as well!

B est wishes,
    Jomo

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Awesome man, thats great congratz!!!! Now if I can just find that will power lol.

5. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Thanks van and jomo.

Bubba, I tried many times but always failed. I wasn't trying or even thinking about it until it happened.

If you'd like ill send you an e cigarette that I have. It's one of the quality ones. Maybe that will help. If you want it its yours just pm me your address.

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

No it's not always easy but it can be done - sounds easy but all you have to do is be determined and you'll get there. As I said it sounds easy but it can be dammned hard especially if you are learning the pipe and are at the frustrating point where you haven't quite mastered the art yet.

Thanks for posting - there's quite a few guys here who are trying to get off cigarettes and your post will help and provide encouragement.

Best to all (last Senior Service regular in 1974 and God it was good!)

Gerry

7. David L

David L Member

Congrats man! Its not easy, I know. I havent dipped since December and it took a couple months for the cravings to go. Keep up the fight!

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Congrats!! Keep it up.
    I quit for about 6 years, then started up again 4 years ago. UGH! It's been even tougher this time to quit! I recently stopped for 12 days.... but, sad to say it didn't last. I am going to give it another try.. I have my last pack in my hands now...I hope

Cheers! and good luck!

9. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

I had my last cigarette 6 days, 8 hours, and 13 minutes ago. Quittting cigs is the way to go! it can be difficult, but definetely worth it. Keep up the good work :thumbsu:

10. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

I'm sure most of us here are real happy about your accomplishment of quitting cigarettes so easy.
    I for one am not, I hate people like you. I had a friend that smoked for 20 years and just stopped in one day. I despise you all. I've been smoking them dadburn things for 40+ years and they've beaten me every time I try to kick'em. :growl:
    All kidding aside, I'm glad you were able to drop them so easy, just wish it was that easy for me. Cough, cough, cough!

11. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Quitting the cigs was the hardest thing I've ever done. Harder than raising kids! Congrats! :thumbsu:

12. Redone

Redone Member

I quit 8 years ago and have not had one of those horrible thing's in my mouth since. I have smoked allot of cigars and now pipe and have no desire at all to smoke a cig. You can now spend the cig money on tastey Pipe tobbys.

13. ichabod

ichabod Member

Congrats!

I just recently quit them myself. Had been meaning to for a while, even more so now that my wife is pregnant. Now it's just the pipe for me.

14. Squatch347

Squatch347 Member

Congrats, especially with the services moving towards no tobacco policies I'm glad this was so painless. You had me worried at first that you were giving up on a nice pipe though ;-)

15. Albert

Albert Active Member

Way to go man, same happened to me, ive tried quitting so many times, but ever since i picked up a pipe, I havent even wanted a cig. i think it has to do with really enjoying the taste for me. Cheers to a longer, more relaxed life.... :cheers:

16. Albert

Albert Active Member

and congrats to you ichabod!!! Ive got my second one on they way right now too! :thumbsu:

17. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Fu*kin' A. You must be strong!

Semper Fi.
    Ol Brokedik.

18. snowman

snowman Member

Hello and congrats to you,well done.As most of us say yes its very hard too quit cigarettes, And I would like too add a few Important steps in getting off them cigarettes.Ive fought it off and on a few times.So to quit that dirty habit,Throw the cigarettes out.You are now a pipe smoker.When you get the craving for a cigarette drink cold water carry a bottle of water with you and remember your not a cigarette smoker. In buying pipe tobacco you want something that has a little Nic in it for starters.We can do it and will do it.

19. Beale

Beale Active Member

Well a huge congrats is in order!! That is a very hard habit to quit! You should be proud of yourself, Beale.

20. scavenger

scavenger Member

Congrats my friend! Its funny you mention it because a month or so ago I realized I stopped smoking cigs too. One day it just hit me that I hadn't smoked a cigarette in a couple days and I haven't smoked them since. Its strange because I tried to quit quite a few times and I had no success. I still chew though, its just a habbit I need to break as well.

Stay sleazy,
    Scavenger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.