I quit...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Congrats amigo! Funny how you struggle for years to get away from a bad habit...then suddenly realize that it's gone without even thinking about it! Bounced between cigs and the pipe from my early teens until my mid 20's....then suddenly didn't even WANT a cig. Been clean ever since. You can stay clean too. Just don't over-think it.

Gave up working cattle too....when my back told me it'd had enough! LOL

2. OldSchool

OldSchool Member

Congratulations on getting off cigs! Sounds like you're doing it on your own initiative, which is really the only way.

I'm a former cigarette guy who dabbled in pipes and cigars, and like so many I tried quitting the cigs several times with varying success (three months one time, three weeks a few times, a day or two more times that I can remember.) I found that if it was my own idea and not something I was doing to please others, I was going to last longer.

Twelve years ago I stopped all tobacco for a month, then took up the pipe again and have never had another cigarette, nor any desire for one. I get the tobacco I enjoy but in a better form, for myself and everyone around me.

3. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

I only smoke cigarettes at work now. I've gravitated to the pipe for evenings and weekends. It is such a MUCH more satisfying smoke.

I may even start piping at work...maybe just get an MM for the Jeep.

Congrats on leaving the papersticks behind!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.