I wasn't sure where to post this, so...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Thuber88, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Coffee in the morning with burley

Water with Virginias.

Whiskey/whisky or Gin or water with lat blends and fire cured blends.

I don't smoke with wine.

But..I usually have water with my pipe.

I don't drink sweetened beverages.

KingsTarantula likes this.
  2. Rymw

Rymw Member

Earl Grey, black iced tea or coffee with just a touch xylitol works best with the very mild Mac Baren Original Choice I smoke.

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

A lot of drinks are sympathetic to certain tobaccos. There was a time when I was trudging through a tin of one of the McClellands premium aros and not having much luck. I cracked a bottle of porter and the two tastes created a most incredible experience. Certain scotches or cognacs enhance certain blends.

But overall I find that good old Diet Pepsi works with everything. Sometimes I drink it while I smoke, sometimes not. To what I think one of your points is, I don't drink or eat anything when I'm sampling new to me blends.

Thuber88 likes this.
  4. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

You bring up a great question that I never really pondered Thuber. I have thought about it with cigars and I like cranberry juice with a full strength cigar. But I never really thought about it until now since you've brought it up. So, thinking about it I would say I mostly drink club soda with lime over ice.

Thuber88 likes this.
  5. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Water, coffee or tea are actually the most enjoyable drink/tobacco combinations for me but honestly I just drink whatever I'm drinking when I feel like a smoke. I drink a lot of sweet tea in the summer and a LOT of grape juice all the time. Mostly water for me though. Yea, I like water, good ole H2O.

Thuber88 and KingsTarantula like this.
  6. Explorer352

Explorer352 Active Member

During the week, I usually only smoke 1 bowl in the morning, and one (maybe 2) in the afternoon/eve. In a.m., I usually have coffee with my pipe. Since I like my coffee strong, I usually don't have any in the p.m. My evening smoke is usually accompanied by either whiskey or a dark beer. The only time I have sweet drinks with my pipe is the rare occasion I'm smoking an aro.

Thuber88 likes this.
  7. ericwinpa

ericwinpa Member

Ales such as Belgian Tripels and often India Pale Ales. Sometimes I will drink Islay Scotch, Highland Scotch or bourbon. And yes I sip the pipe and the drinks. This makes me a bad person that will die soon due to consumption or nicotine poisoning so on occasion I just drink tea or water to become healthy:).

Have fun!

Eric

Thuber88 likes this.
  8. KleinToit

KleinToit Member

I haven't really given it much thought, but I like strong, full blends, with either whiskey or strong coffee...
    That said I am a creature of habit, and smoke and drink at the same time in the same place everyday, so whether I am drinking while smoking or smoking while drinking or maybe I happens to do both at the same time, is anybody's guess... But it is a interesting point to ponder, maybe there is a way to 'improve' the flavour of some of our less favourite blends...

Thuber88 likes this.
  9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

While I prefer tea and water as they have a nice way of clearing the palette to get the taste of the tobacco afresh, I do drink a lot of juice and soda, usually pepsi or some such, but only really affects the first puff, after that it's back on track. I just like to have a drink on hand to moisten the mouth and clear out any naff flavours that sometimes build up.

Thuber88 likes this.
  10. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

coffee tends to be what i drink, i smoke latika blends almost exclusively and find the two compliment each other.

Thuber88 and BernardLerring like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.