1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I'm a Kaywoodie convert

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by mtsgsd, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I picked up a kaywoodie "500" dublin, and a Kaywoodie "rufftone" from another PSF member a while ago. While I was already pleased with their performance, I was really surprised today with how well the 500 handled McB vanilla flake.
    Wow. I found much more flavor for some reason, and the flake burned easily and cool. Or at least it felt cool! I clench my pipes, and found the pipe was way too hot a couple times when grabbed the pipe (PC gaming, and gentle smoking don't always go together I guess). I couldn't even tell from the smoke. No bite, and no gurgle.
    I'm going to have to get me some more of these. :)

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wellcome to Kaywoodie world ! The greatest pipe for the money in the world , imo . I've been loving Kaywoodies since I was a teenager . I have at least a dozen but over the years a bunch ! Always good to see another fan & convert ! :th1: Sometimes the ' 500 " & ' 600 " will be laqured .... not all the time ... I have never figured out why . Most all Kaywoodies are waxed and the old ones are really top notch pipes to rival anything out there . Heres some sites to get you going :
    http://www.grayfoxonline.com/compendium.html
    http://chriskeene.com/kwg-toc

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

It must suit your style. Slow gently and long.........:p

I love woodies......

Don't go there......

4. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

yes, mine is lacquered. Nice grain too, although the red stain does it's best to obscure it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.