1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a Kaywoodie convert

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by mtsgsd, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I picked up a kaywoodie "500" dublin, and a Kaywoodie "rufftone" from another PSF member a while ago. While I was already pleased with their performance, I was really surprised today with how well the 500 handled McB vanilla flake.
    Wow. I found much more flavor for some reason, and the flake burned easily and cool. Or at least it felt cool! I clench my pipes, and found the pipe was way too hot a couple times when grabbed the pipe (PC gaming, and gentle smoking don't always go together I guess). I couldn't even tell from the smoke. No bite, and no gurgle.
    I'm going to have to get me some more of these. :)

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wellcome to Kaywoodie world ! The greatest pipe for the money in the world , imo . I've been loving Kaywoodies since I was a teenager . I have at least a dozen but over the years a bunch ! Always good to see another fan & convert ! :th1: Sometimes the ' 500 " & ' 600 " will be laqured .... not all the time ... I have never figured out why . Most all Kaywoodies are waxed and the old ones are really top notch pipes to rival anything out there . Heres some sites to get you going :
    http://www.grayfoxonline.com/compendium.html
    http://chriskeene.com/kwg-toc

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

It must suit your style. Slow gently and long.........:p

I love woodies......

Don't go there......

4. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

yes, mine is lacquered. Nice grain too, although the red stain does it's best to obscure it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.