I'm Lucky and I Know it

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken davis

ken davis Member

I like this post...I Grew up in Southern Wv.Now live in Central Ohio. I have a good job as a machinist, a Great wife, whom I am celebrating 19 years of marriage with today..and a great family...As I sit here with a MM cobb filled with CH , and a glass of Capn Morgan, I salute you RTO, Thank you for a fine post

RTOdhner, Morse and ol gto like this.
  2. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

RTO- :th1:
    Watching the news it'd be easy to think we're all in deep trouble. Fact is that almost all of us have it pretty damned good, we just forget sometimes. Thanks for reminding us, bro.

RTOdhner, WrightwoodJohn and ol gto like this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Whatever goes on ... life is good ! It's better than a dirt nap sleepin in wood . If yer livin large .. if yer livin small .. It's livin and it's the best of all

50rayj, RTOdhner, Kiowapipe and 2 others like this.
  4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Congrats on the anniversary! Congrats on the good job. Life is good, and living well is about the best any of us can really ask for.

The wife and I will be celebrating our 16th Anniversary in May. My wife is living proof that the dream is alive for a lot of us. She started at the bottom in fast food and is now a District Manager for Long John Silvers and earns a very nice income. Between the two of us, we have made a very nice life for ourselves and our family. I thank God regularly for her, since I know that my life would not be very empty without her.

50rayj and ol gto like this.
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I think you ment ... " since I know my life would be empty without her " ..... lol

I dig my wife too :th1:

50rayj and RTOdhner like this.
  6. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

You never know what you have until you lose her. I miss my wife of 31+ years everyday since her death 3+ years ago. Make sure to tell her you love her every day.

Morse, Dondi, ol gto and 1 other person like this.
  7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Yezzir, I did. The brain was working faster than the fingers. (That, and I'm just an idiot in general).

8. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Great post RTO!

RTOdhner likes this.
  9. Morse

Morse Active Member

Gotta say I am very encouraged by all the spousal shout-outs. My wife and I have been together for almost 30 years, married for 20 and I could not be happier. Glad I'm not he only one who feels this way.

dgerwin11 likes this.
  10. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

And a smoke :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.