1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I'm stoked!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Stoked, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoked

Stoked Member

Guys, I've never bragged about a pipe before but I just can't help myself with this one. Since I first took up pipe smoking around '98 I've always wanted a Savinelli Autograph but was always too thrifty to buy one. I bought new, less expensive Savs. They smoke good/great and I probably didn't need another pipe right now. But thanks to this forum, I've come to realize the value that's out there in estate pipes. Yesterday, for me, I hit the mother load.

Get a load of this estate Savinelli Autograph Bent Dublin. It's a 9mm dry system and it came with the adapter, the original pouch, and even the original box from smokingpipes. The bowl is so deep I can stick my index finger in there until the second knuckle. I love the grain, the color, and the sandblasting of this beauty.

When one can buy a great pipe, that's already broken in, at a great price, I don't think I'll ever buy another new briar. Even if I were a millionaire, I think I'd prefer someone breaking in a pipe for me.

[attachment=891:Savinelli Auto Bent Dublin.jpg]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Nice score... I love Sav. Autos and have a few. What grade is it?

3. pottsy

pottsy Member

Good score. Nice looking pipe.

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Nice pipe! The stem is perfect to the shape and bowl!

Bragging? I don't think it's bragging when ya share a pipe on this forum. Personally I enjoy seeing other smokers pipes - kinda fun. I mean if ya can't show and talk pipes, what else is there?

Great pipe! Ya done good! :yikes:

Will

BTW, I HATE to break in a new pipe! I'm with Samuel Clemens on that score!

5. Stoked

Stoked Member

Hmmm. How do I find this out?

6. user0003

Should have a number stamped on it, 1-10 usually but there are other letter combinations too.

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Me too. It lets me live vicariously through other smokers when the wallet is a bit too light to buy another pipe.

8. Stoked

Stoked Member

That makes sense now. I thought the bowl was a size 5, and it is. The number stamped on the pipe is 4. I knew it wasn't going to be the highest grade for the price I paid, but considering I got this pipe for the same price I would have paid for an entry level Sav I'm happy. And it's broken in. :yikes:

9. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

I like the look of that pipe.

10. user0003

My highest is a 6 freehand plateau. Wonderful smoker....

11. Rider

Rider Member

damn thats sexy......... :wub:

12. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Wow that is beautiful, i personally love all sav's and that one is just gorgeous, enjoy it to the fullest!!!!!!!

13. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ya dun good P! Real gooo-ooood! Immediate enjoyment right out of the bag (& box)! Wow! And to have originally sold at smokingpipes as well. How cool! Well, ya know, I always say, ya hafta reward yourself once in a while just for no reason other than "I deserve it". Nice pipe! Smokingpipes is an awesome site! They get some of the best out there, new and used. Ya dun good!

:wub:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

14. Stoked

Stoked Member

I could have picked up a 5 for a few bucks more but it didn't have the filter. I like the balsa system a lot, although recently I do occasionally smoke using the connector.

15. Stoked

Stoked Member

Thanks everybody! I feel like a new dad but instead of handing out cigars I should hand out some VA flake! :wub:

I love my Savs and I agree this pipe is sexy looking. I'm sure she'll smoke great just like my other ones. I'm glad I got to share this all with a great group of friends!

16. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's one mighty fine looking pipe, Perique and I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it! I agree with you on estate pipes...often a great value and already broken in! Thanks for sharing your latest acquisition with us.

17. vasco

vasco New Member

That's a very nice Sav. Congratulations.
    At the moment I have 10 cheap Savs. and 1 Capitol (Savinelli 2nd) in my collection and I love the brand, one day I'll get an Autograph. Thank you for sharing.

18. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi all,

I wouldn't say it was boasting to want to show your new "best thing" to some friends who got the pleasure of looking at it and in the process have learned a new thing or two about that maker's pipes. It's a beauty, you did well and you're right to be pleased about it and proud of it.

Many happy years with it and thanks very much for sharing,

Gerry

19. Barako

Barako Member

Nice score, and no better place to show it off than here, where people share the same passion. Congratulations :whistle:

20. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Killer puffer, Per'que.

Is the chamber conical or straight-sided?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.