1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

IMP Meer

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DGErwin11, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

I just ordered an IMP from Smoking pipes. I have 3 low end meers currently and decided to move up a little. One may get retired as it has a soft spot that oozes tars and the whole pipe becomes moist on the outside when smoking. The IMP is larger than any of my other pipes and will be nice for watching TV, reading, in the office and that kind of thing. Will post pictures when it gets here.

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

If I were to ever buy/try a meerschaum pipe I think I would also buy an IMP as I have only ever heard and read good things about them on pipe forums. Hope you enjoy yours when it arrives!

3. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

I am planning on it. The 3 I have now total only a few $ more than this one, but hell, I'm worth it.

cobbsmoker likes this.
  4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

:th1:

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

IMP (Along with Baki) are without doubt the most well made and constructed Meers, can not go wrong, IMHO.

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

I love mine. Got it from sp.com , it is an large bent dub & it's great. No matter what tobacco I smoke it's down to the bottem & bone dry.

7. Brian Powers

Brian Powers Member

I bought a cheap (though very nice) meer a while back, but they used one of those small telflon fittings between the pipe and the stem. Do you know if IMP uses the same fitting or do they use a briar type? I'm almost in the market for another meer, so any input would be appreciated. I do plan on sending the cheap meer to WBW to have it opened up a bit. Best of luck with your new acquisition!

**Never mind, it looks like they do use the bigger fitting.**

8. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Enjoy your imp. I've acquired two more after I was gifted one. They all smoke great!

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Current IMP fittings are very similar to the ones on briars. Not the skinny and narrow lumens. IMP.....best meer bang/buck! Imo ;)

Ed
    Puff

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I have a Meer. It's good. I like it.

11. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Just ordered an IMP panelled horn with a silver accent. Looks the biz.

12. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've got 6 IMP's and they are all awesome! You can't go wrong with an IMP, Baki or Altinok meer. 100% satisfaction!

As an aside, PSF just started a meerschaum sub-forum. Swing by and help us get it off the ground! Eventually there will be lots of good info and good questions and such.

Mike Pomery likes this.
  13. DanielO

DanielO Member

I only have a few meers, and they are all either IMP or Altinok. Good makers both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.