In Bruges

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by buistd, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Hi there - Just thought I would get everyone's jealousy meters raging. Just booked the ferry for a day trip to Bruges tomorrow with my wife and a friend. We will of course be paying a visit to Jerry's Cigar Bar so I can stock up on tobacco and some of the nice little cheap Belgian cigars they sell, made by one of the main producers of Semois tobacco. If ever you find yourself in Bruges make sure you find this place. We went there a few weeks ago. According to Old Ted they used to allow smoking in the cafe area indoors but it is now sadly confined to a small glassed off area, still inside but not quite as pleasant by all accounts.

I may be putting some Semois pipe tobacco up for trade so keep checking the Trading Post over the coming days if that may be of interest to you.

Dondi likes this.
  2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Enjoy the trip!......it's nearly time for me to hop over the North Sea again!. Unfortunately a lot of the pipe tobacco at Jerry's (and other shops) is not a lot cheaper than here - unlike RYO baccy, and cigs! (dirt cheap!)....always plenty of Erinmore Flake @ 6euros a tin, but I was disappointed by the price of SG, Germains, etc.. Anyway - it's a great city to visit, I love it.
    BTW - re cigars - I usually get the few that I smoke in Amsterdam, at a lot lower price than Brugge.......that's another good city to visit! :th1:
    OT

3. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Hi Old Ted - Last time I was there I picked up a couple of 100g tins of MacBaren for 13 euros each which is almost half the price of here. The semois was under 10 euros for 100 grams. I did notice that the SG was not much cheaper than here but I'm more than happy to stock up on the cheaper stuff they have. I bought some Stanwell Melange on a whim last time (6 euros for 50g). I'm not really a fan of aromatics but it's actually pretty good to have around when there's company.

4. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Hope you have a wonderful time!:D

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I hope you have a fun excursion...and be sure to pick up plenty of Semois!

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Have a good trip and lots of bargains!:toast:

7. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Soon as I saw the title of this post, the movie "In Bruges" came to mind. I thought I'd post a YouTube vid, but it contains very strong language so I'll hold off on that one! ;)

Have fun!

Albatross and ruffinogold like this.
  8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Where is The Burges !?

9. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Bleepin' Bruges ... with bleepin' midgets!

10. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Same here

11. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Just got back home 21 hours after leaving. A good trip had by all and only one minor traffic violation involving a 22 euro fine from the boys in blue. Got some Semois to trade - check trading post if you're interested.

12. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Haha Nice on the fine, and I hope you enjoyed your trip.

On a different note, the title of the thread suckered me in too. I really liked that movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.