1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Inbound...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Ward, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ward

Ward Member

From the introduction thread...

Here are the tobaccos I have inbound from Cup o' Joe's and Payless Pipes:

GLP Caravan
    Rattray Black Mallory
    SG 1792 Flake
    SG Navy Flake
    McC Frog Morton
    HoW Dunhill 965

Also ordered a Savinelli and a meerschaum. Yeah Dondi, I went a little crazy this weekend. :)

2. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Good haul!

Nah, not crazy. If anyone asks use the old stand by women have used for years......."Accessorizing"! :)

3. Ward

Ward Member

It's kind of funny really. I was saving up to buy pipes for my bike and instead I bought pipes for my pipe-hole.

4. CBR

CBR Member

LOL, same thing happened to me! I'm happy riding on my stock muffler now, I'm too distracted by the pipes I use for tobacco.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

As Mike says, "not crazy", not by a long shot! Search the forum for "TAD" and you'll see what real insanity is! [​IMG]

Looks like you planned the list well! You decided yet which one to start with?

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Plus one on the "not crazy" verdict from me - looks like a good well thought out selection - enjoy!

Gerry

7. Ward

Ward Member

The Cup o' Joe's order arrived today...less the Savinelli which was listed as "on backorder." [​IMG]

Had a bowl of the Black Mallory while sitting on the deck and enjoying this false Spring (it's supposed to snow again on Wednesday) and sipping a pint of homebrewed pale ale. Amazing smoke. I could get used to English weed.

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Oh man I'd be pissed about a pipe on "backorder" if they didn't tell me. Holy cow....

Rattray's makes great tobacco. I haven't had Mallory yet but it's on the "to try" list. I got the hots for Marlin Flake and Old Gowrie right now.

Welcome aboard, btw.... I didn't catch ya in the intros threads. :pic:

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

My two cents, for what it's worth: smoke five to ten bowls in the same pipe before trying out the other blends... sometimes it takes a while for the palate+ghosting issues to work themselves out.

After a few bowls, then you'll have a solid sense of what the blend can really offer before moving on to the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.