Inbound...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Ward, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ward

Ward Member

From the introduction thread...

Here are the tobaccos I have inbound from Cup o' Joe's and Payless Pipes:

GLP Caravan
    Rattray Black Mallory
    SG 1792 Flake
    SG Navy Flake
    McC Frog Morton
    HoW Dunhill 965

Also ordered a Savinelli and a meerschaum. Yeah Dondi, I went a little crazy this weekend. :)

2. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Good haul!

Nah, not crazy. If anyone asks use the old stand by women have used for years......."Accessorizing"! :)

3. Ward

Ward Member

It's kind of funny really. I was saving up to buy pipes for my bike and instead I bought pipes for my pipe-hole.

4. CBR

CBR Member

LOL, same thing happened to me! I'm happy riding on my stock muffler now, I'm too distracted by the pipes I use for tobacco.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

As Mike says, "not crazy", not by a long shot! Search the forum for "TAD" and you'll see what real insanity is! [​IMG]

Looks like you planned the list well! You decided yet which one to start with?

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Plus one on the "not crazy" verdict from me - looks like a good well thought out selection - enjoy!

Gerry

7. Ward

Ward Member

The Cup o' Joe's order arrived today...less the Savinelli which was listed as "on backorder." [​IMG]

Had a bowl of the Black Mallory while sitting on the deck and enjoying this false Spring (it's supposed to snow again on Wednesday) and sipping a pint of homebrewed pale ale. Amazing smoke. I could get used to English weed.

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Oh man I'd be pissed about a pipe on "backorder" if they didn't tell me. Holy cow....

Rattray's makes great tobacco. I haven't had Mallory yet but it's on the "to try" list. I got the hots for Marlin Flake and Old Gowrie right now.

Welcome aboard, btw.... I didn't catch ya in the intros threads. :pic:

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

My two cents, for what it's worth: smoke five to ten bowls in the same pipe before trying out the other blends... sometimes it takes a while for the palate+ghosting issues to work themselves out.

After a few bowls, then you'll have a solid sense of what the blend can really offer before moving on to the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.