1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Infected

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Gondar, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gondar

Gondar Member

With threads like "looking for a nice rum tobacco" how could it have ended differently? I blame it all on you... :cheers:

Last month I got:
    Rattrays - Bagpipers dream
    Mc Lintock - Orange dream
    Mc Lintock - Black cherry
    McBaren - HH Vintage syrian

Today:
    McClelland - holiday spirit
    Dan Tobacco - Da vinci
    C&D - Purple cow
    C&D - After hours
    C&D - Blockade runner
    Mc Baren - Plumcake

With my current pace it should last me two years - but pipesmoking is just getting better and better so maybe it won't. More and more bowls hit the right spot which I also blame you people. :thankyou:

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nice TAD ! Plumcake ... havent had that in a while ... Thanks for posting ... I'm gonna bag some plumcake and some other stuff . See now look what youu started

3. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

C&D tobaccos have the most interesting names, and Purple Cow sounds interesting as it contains the Maduro leaf, so it should be something fun for cigar fans. You should post some reviews of those blends once you get into them!

4. Gondar

Gondar Member

:eek:hyeah: Ruffinogold, I walked into that. :) TAD will not stop once it started will it?

I coordered with a mate who of course will let me try: :groucho:
    McClelland - Frog Morton
    C&D - Sunday Picnic
    Mc Clelland - Blackwoods flake
    Mc CLellands - Grand orientals Classic Samsun
    I might also try a bowl of Mc Clelland Frog morton on the town which I already have agreed to swap for Boswell Pensylvania Dutch treat

If I recall it correctly he got in last months batch:
    Squadron leader
    Celic talisman, which he did not like and offered me just like that
    full virginia flake
    and a few more I can't remember at all, might have been burleys and might have been more latakia...

TS, thank you for the confidence. :)
    I think that there are so many unknown factors influencing my experience of a bowl that I hesitate to share my opinions - at least if they are negative ones. I will not keep my views a secret at least. I was considering ordering J. J. Fox Bankers, but read that C&Ds was milder and hence more likely to fit me.

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

The only known cure for TAD or PAD is much like it is for Taxes, death. :dunno:

So embrace it and just enjoy the journey. :whistle:

:groucho:

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Gondar,
    Put on your wishlist; C&D Opening Night.
    It's a keeper!
    TAD rules!
    Cheers!

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Gondar, with your recent
    posts on Bagpiper's Dream,
    I've added it to my list
    of must tries. I'm with Ruff,
    see what you started? :thumbsu:

dp

8. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I think you'll enjoy the Blockade Runner, Gondar. It comes in blocks and I tried both cannon-balling it and rubbing it out. I preferred it rubbed out, but mine was so moist that I had no choice but to cannon-ball the first smoke because I couldn't wait to try it!

9. EvanWeeks

EvanWeeks Member

I've got WO Larsen tins coming from pipesandcigars.com, another Boswell order on the way, and Stokkebye PS46 Cinnamon, Stokkebye PS24 Nougat, Sillems Black, and McClelland 5100 Red Virginia Cake coming from CupOJoe's. I think that's enough TAD for this paycheck. :money:

10. Gondar

Gondar Member

Ah - there's the Internet for ya! Any knownothing like me can have an influence. :)

11. Gondar

Gondar Member

Cheers all, for the tips and your input.
    Evan Weeks I look forward to read your reviews of them. Cinnamon sounds weird but just right for the season.

I personally think that taxation is what kills smokers in this country.

12. Jay

Jay Active Member

Thanks Bri, I just a opened a tin of blockade runner and wasn't sure what exactly to make of that baccy brick, good smokes coming soon.!!

J

13. Gondar

Gondar Member

You answered my question before I even asked it. I was worried that there was something wrong with it because of the wonky sound I hear when rattling the tin but I guess it is alright then. There are a couple of other tins that sound like they contain sand, maybe I should open them and try them just to make sure they arent faulty...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.