1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

info needed

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by piper mike, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piper mike

piper mike Member

[​IMG]got this in a tattoo trade all it says is real briar made in Czechoslovakia. There is a smaller bowl with an inscription that I can't make out except the last letter they r "aurant. Does anyone no anything about it

2. Pappy

Pappy Member

For starters I don't think its assembled correctly. It should look more like this. It's a "Wine Pipe." Can't tell you much else.
    [​IMG]

3. piper mike

piper mike Member

Tu pappy it looks the same now lol

4. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

Nice pipe Mike, but how in the world did you remove a tat for the trade? Got a couple that I'd be happy to remove and trade. Just kidding.

5. piper mike

piper mike Member

Lol me too, I made this trade site unseen trying to decide to keep it and smoke it or trade it off

6. Pappy

Pappy Member

Good. :th1: The way it was set up before you’d end up torching your eyebrows trying to light it. :bag:

7. piper mike

piper mike Member

I'm thankful u kept them intact

8. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

German hunter's pipe. Nice one, too. You got the bowl on upside down and the mouthpiece turned around.

9. piper mike

piper mike Member

[​IMG]So here it isvthe rite way still not sure if I like it or not

Preacher1611 and dwaugh like this.
  10. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

You got two dogs in the picture, good job! Have you tried the pipe out yet?

Bump likes this.
  11. piper mike

piper mike Member

Not yet it hasn't ever been used.its bare wood. Since its a hunters pipe is it still a wine pipe or do u smoke it wo wine.... the big one in the back ground is a golden retriever Bruno the famialy dog and the lil one Charlie is my dog.he's just an Ole mutt like me

dwaugh likes this.
  12. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

See Pappy's pic. It's a briar version of a Tyrolean (Germanic) porcelain pipe. The porcelain produced a hot smoke and they weren't popular for long (although they were wildly popular in a small section of Europe for a fairly short time) and the briar version addressed the issue of excessive heat.

That's all I remember. Can't say much about your specific pipe, however.

13. Skiballa

Skiballa Member

I wouldn't put wine in that, the porcelain is made for that. The bottom is just a moisture well, I hear they smoke like a calabash if you treat them right. One of these days I'll have to add one to the (eclectic) collection.

14. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Nice pipe, I've been interested in these kind of pipes for awhile, just haven't added one to the collection yet, someday, someday...

piper mike likes this.
  15. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

These can be pretty good smokers...a bit fiddly with all the pieces, but I've enjoyed the ones I've had over the years. Passed them along as my focus changed to meerschaum.............

piper mike likes this.
  16. piper mike

piper mike Member

I believe I'm gonna try it out now and c how it smokes its never been used and I'm not sure about it but I'm gonna try

17. piper mike

piper mike Member

Thanks for the advise I was gonna dump some Jack in it but what u said made sence glad I didnt

18. piper mike

piper mike Member

[​IMG]the haze is the smoke it smokes nice just not liking the metal stem I thought it may suck air but the joints r tight just not me

19. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

The words that arent easy to make out are German. ¨Bruyere Garantie¨ = Guaranteed Briar.

20. Skrymr

Skrymr Member

I like the way it looks, but I can see not liking the metal stem. You could always get another stem fit to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.