Introduction

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by owias12, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owias12

owias12 Member

Hi all,

I've been visiting the site and reading posts for several weeks and decided to become a member. I am a member of a few other forums, but read more than I post. I figured I'd drop a line to introduce myself. I've been a pipe smoker for about 4 years. I had to take a short break from it due to health reasons, but things are back to normal. I smoke mostly cobs as I really can't afford to by the nice briars. I do have a few basket pipes that were gifted to me and they are decent smokers. My taste in baccy's has changed over the years. I was a Vaper lover for awhile, then straight Virginia and now I am most partial to blends with a nice bit of Latakia in them. Right now I am smoking mostly Shortcut to Mushrooms. A friend gifted me a nice size sample and I really enjoy it. Right now I don't have too many choices as far as baccy goes, as I sold off most of the toby in my cellar and my pipes when I got sick. I couldn't stand seeing and smelling all that wonderful tobacco knowing I couldn't smoke it. It all worked out, as I was able to use the money to help my daughter get her computer she was saving up for. I don't mind smoking cobs and OTC blends. I like to live a simple life and keep things simple, so it all works out just fine. I do love the hobby and to talk all things pipe related.

Glad to have found this forum. Look forward to reading more posts and getting to know you all. These forums are a great learning resource. I may even visit the chat room from time to time.

Be well and peaceful puffin'.

Brian (beardedpiper)

Sorry mods. I just found an introduction thread that this should go into. Can someone move this post to its correct spot. Sorry.

2. pottsy

pottsy Member

Welcome to the insanity!!

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Welcome beardedpiper! No need for fancy
    briars if cobs give you a pleasant smoke, and
    you like them well enough. Glad you could
    join the nuthouse gang.

dp

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi and welcome to the Forum - seriously hope you enjoy your time here.

Some would argue that you never need to get past corncobs and OTCs to get a really good smoke - after all our forefathers managed somehow!

Welcome again and looking forward to reading your posts

Gerry

5. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

Welcome to our humble abode! As Gerry said most on here will argue that cobs are the best way to smoke pipe weed, I know I'm one of them! That's what makes this hobby so great, there's a way to enjoy it at any level of wealth! Its great to have you aboard. Have you tried any of the other Tolkien inspired blends? I have a great aro that's made here in Colorado called Hobbit Weed. It's there best seller! I see you like lat blends but I'd be more than happy to send you a sample later if you'd like. I just watched Return of the King for the second time this week in celebration of his birthday and smoked a 2 bowls of it during the movie!

6. owias12

owias12 Member

Hi ya EvilDead,

Yes I have tried all of the LOTR series minus Longbottom leaf. I have to say Ruins of Isengard is one excellent toby in my humble opinion. I didn't mind the Old Toby and Treebeard, but I don't think I'd order them again. I think I'll stick to STM and Ruins. I appreciate the offer of Hobbit Weed, but I think I will pass for now. I may take you up on that offer later though. I have a few blends that I want to save up for that I hope I will like: Wilderness, Legends and 3 Oaks syrian. Of course I would like to try hundreds of different ones, but I think these will be in my next order. As for now, I'll just keep puffin on the few blends I have here. I am actually planning on watching Return of the King for the 3 or 4th time this past month. My daughters are now hooked.
    Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome.

Be well.

Beardedpiper

7. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Supreme sacrifice! Selling your smokes to buy a computer. Hope your health continues to improve. Welcome to PSF.
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

8. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Hi Brian! It's nice to have another member from the International Brotherhood of Brians/Bryans Local ' i ' join us. This place is great and the folks here have spoiled me completely for other internet forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.