1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Invicta Briars

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by neoclassical, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

So, inspired by voodoo101's new zulu, I took another look at Invicta Briars and like the price and the design. Does anyone have an Invicta that has been in service for a while? What do you think about them? After the guitar gear haul this christmas season, if I have some leftover $$ I might pick up a new pipe. Invicta are at the top of my list along with another Peterson 80s/999 or a 3rd Stanwell.

voodoo101 likes this.
  2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I saw a few potentials there as well. :)

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I have one but not long. I can say that the workmanship is worth every penny of the price.
    Drilling was dead on and the fit and finish is good as well.
    Also They are not huge pipes....about Grabow or Kaywoodie size.

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

A traditional English made pipe, I have a friend who owns several of the classic shaped pipes and really likes them, next time I visit him I will take a closer look at his pipe rack.

5. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! I stumbled upon the Invicta website a few months ago and was delighted with my purchase and the service was personal and sincere. My Invicta "Banker" was my second pipe ever and I now understand what a good vs. bad smoker means. My first pipe (a very well known brand), cost slightly more the the Invicta and the Invicta blows it away. Period.

I have this pipe: http://www.invictabriars.com/bigpics/Cl/Banker-W-48g-1.7oz-L-150mm-5.9inch-Bowl-Dia-23mm-%A3-35.png

I will keep it forever as I have already become quite attached to it :)

They also having 25% off sale for Christmas. I will be purchasing this pipe before the sale is over: http://www.invictabriars.com/bigpics/r&sb/RusticRhodesianSilver.jpg

Im still learning the pipe "world" and it is my opinion that Invicta delivers value, craftsmanship and service. Even better was I received my pipe in 4 DAYS from the UK. Unheard of!

Hope this helps.

Mount Mandolin, HCraven and shadow like this.
  6. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

Wow, great info.

7. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

That Rhodesian is a great looking pipe.

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Those Invictas are some really gorgeous pipes, NB!

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  9. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

A NPD is dependent on what guitar gear I get for X-mas and what I have to buy. If it comes down to a pipe or my Laney amp getting the update to its mod, my main recording amp will have to win.

10. Spam

Spam Member

I've been eying up their saddle stemmed billiard for a while, now. Having heard good things about them, and finding out about the sale, I might have to pull the trigger. Any idea when the sale runs to?

11. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

It might run one more day. I ordered another pipe yesterday to be sure. I love my Zulu!

12. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I just ordered several of the classic shaped briars myself, who knows, eventually I may be smoking briars more than cobs as I get more and more into Virginia tobaccos, they just seem to smoke better in a briar for me.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  13. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

I ordered the Classic Hungarian.

14. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I ordered the straight Apple, (2) different Billiards and the Lovat and will most probably order two or three more.

15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I just received an email from Peter at Invicta Briars telling me my pipes would post this afternoon! :ohyh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.