1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Invicta Pipe, Colin Fromm 99 Question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by rainman154, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainman154

rainman154 Member

Hey all,
    First post.
    I work at a cigar/ pipe shop and just found a pipe that was "hidden" by mistake. I pulled it out and wanted to get more info on it. It is a bent poker made by Invicta in England. It says "Hand Made by Colin Fromm 99". It has a very small horse on it too.
    Anyone have info on this? I have been to Invicta's website and just sent them an email too.
    The pipe looks beautiful but the stem or bit (dont' know what it's called). It needs to be cleaned a lot.
    What does a pipe like this run for? Is the 99 the year it was made or model??
    I am just starting my pipe collecting and wondered if this would be a good pipe.

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I'd love to know the answer you get to this one. I know Invicta and they do make a good pipe; for many years they mainly sold via County Shows and have a dedicated band of followers and their pipes were very popular with the Pipe Club of London.

The puzzler is that the main players there are Colin Leeson and Peter Ellam - and as far as I know Peter is the only pipemaker in the firm.

Their range of pipes does include top of the range models in natural finish and they do make pipes to special order.

Please do keep us updated,

Best to all

Gerry

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Ex. Dunhill, Charatan, and Invicta pipemaker....just google the name! (I don't know how to do the link thing!)
    Cheers, OT

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi Again,

Great tip from Ted! I have just tried a search as he suggested - Colin Fromm was indeed associated with Invicta and the rearing horse logo was used. As far as I can gather Colin went on to start Castleford Briars and indeed Peter Ellam is now the sole maker at Invicta.

Looks like you have found a seriously good 'un there!

Best as ever

Gerry

5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I love the poker shape and am dying to see what you mystery pipe looks like. If you get a chance, post a link to a photo please! I also would like to know if Invicta replies with a report.

Welcome to PSF!

Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.