1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Irish Flake surprise!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WillH, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

Awhile back I posted that the lastest version of Peterson's Irish Flake (in the new tin) wasn't up to par, and it wasnt'/isn't! Well, to my surprise I popped open a third tin just to check the contents and to my surprise it was Irish Flake of old. Yes sir! Pressed hard, dark an smelled as it should - back to the original.

Here's the pics:
    Third tin below...note the hard pressed flakes. Couldn't find the scratch and sniff button so you can't appreciate the aroma....
    [​IMG]
    Second tin below... lightly pressed, sorta like University Flake with very mild aroma.
    [​IMG]

I sure hope this is a trend that will continue. I now have three tins opened which is a bummer cuz I don't smoke IF often. Anyhoo, appears to be a quality control issue not a general trend in manufacturing. Still think the tobacco is processed in Germany by Wesseex.

Anyone watch the royal nuptials this morning? Thought I see Gerry in the crowd. Must have missed him.:)

Will

2. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

WHEW! Lets hope it continues--if it doesn't, I still have some of the old rectangular tins in the cellar. ("Cellar wide, cellar deep, cellar now"--Puff)

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Will,

I recently received a tin of this from the
    esteemed yinyang, and mine looked like
    the flakes in your pic. So, I guess, it's
    as it should be?

Of course I watched the ceremony this
    morning. I may live in the states, but
    my heart is across the pond. :D

dp

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Great to see people behaving with grace and dignity. Here in America there'd be looting and whole scale protest of some sort! Only stupid thing I saw was an American news broadcaster (who makes $8,000,0000 per year) asking where the royals get their money. Like our political royality don't waste Billions!:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, tobacco's good!

Will

5. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Excellent news, I was deterred from re-ordering until this very thread set all well again.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Glad to hear it Will...I kinda figured you got a rare qc issue tin, and this helps confirm it. Beats the alternative of an altered blend, methinks. I got stuck with a similar situation with Dunhill Light Flake recently, so I can still imagine your frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.