Irish Flake surprise!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WillH, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

Awhile back I posted that the lastest version of Peterson's Irish Flake (in the new tin) wasn't up to par, and it wasnt'/isn't! Well, to my surprise I popped open a third tin just to check the contents and to my surprise it was Irish Flake of old. Yes sir! Pressed hard, dark an smelled as it should - back to the original.

Here's the pics:
    Third tin below...note the hard pressed flakes. Couldn't find the scratch and sniff button so you can't appreciate the aroma....
    [​IMG]
    Second tin below... lightly pressed, sorta like University Flake with very mild aroma.
    [​IMG]

I sure hope this is a trend that will continue. I now have three tins opened which is a bummer cuz I don't smoke IF often. Anyhoo, appears to be a quality control issue not a general trend in manufacturing. Still think the tobacco is processed in Germany by Wesseex.

Anyone watch the royal nuptials this morning? Thought I see Gerry in the crowd. Must have missed him.:)

Will

2. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

WHEW! Lets hope it continues--if it doesn't, I still have some of the old rectangular tins in the cellar. ("Cellar wide, cellar deep, cellar now"--Puff)

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Will,

I recently received a tin of this from the
    esteemed yinyang, and mine looked like
    the flakes in your pic. So, I guess, it's
    as it should be?

Of course I watched the ceremony this
    morning. I may live in the states, but
    my heart is across the pond. :D

dp

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Great to see people behaving with grace and dignity. Here in America there'd be looting and whole scale protest of some sort! Only stupid thing I saw was an American news broadcaster (who makes $8,000,0000 per year) asking where the royals get their money. Like our political royality don't waste Billions!:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, tobacco's good!

Will

5. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Excellent news, I was deterred from re-ordering until this very thread set all well again.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Glad to hear it Will...I kinda figured you got a rare qc issue tin, and this helps confirm it. Beats the alternative of an altered blend, methinks. I got stuck with a similar situation with Dunhill Light Flake recently, so I can still imagine your frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.