Irish slices

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by buistd, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I was in the B&M the other day and a chap was buying a tobacco I had just been enquiring about. I asked him what it was like and he had nothing but good things to say about it. So enthusiastic was he that he took a pinch from his pouch and gave me a small sample for free. The tobacco in question? Murray's (Stokkebye) Irish Slices. My verdict? Absolutely vile. Glad I didn't pay for it! I would be interested to know if anyone actually like this. Despite being a newcomer to pipe smoking, I have tried many tobaccos and have managed to find a positive in every one (yes, even Borkum Riff) but the Irish Slices just did nothing for me. I really appreciated the man's gesture but should I ever bump into him again I think I'll turn around and run as fast as I can.

On the plus side, I am now smoking some SG FVF.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

ahh...SGFVF... #1 in my book/cellar.

....can't say as I've tried IS.

3. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Keep it that way!

4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Peterson's Irish FLAKE is a delightful, if powerful smoke....never heard if Irish slices though. Doesn't show up in any of my searches of the Murray's/Stokkebye blends......???

5. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Just had a thought.....house blend? Could be something the pipe/tobacco shop put together.....

6. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.