1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by leonidas, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidas

leonidas Member

....i apologize if this is in the wrong place..

...........but is this Nording pipe a decent buy for the price??

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/pipes/67328/nording-signature-pipe/

........again i apologize if i have placed it in the wrong place..... i didn't know where it should go...

2. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

It seems like a pretty decent price if you like the pipe.
    Should smoke great.

bubbagump likes this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that's a pretty competitive price for that line of pipes. I've heard slightly mixed things about Nordings in general, but it seems to be mostly positive, so personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if I had the money and wanted to try a Nording.

4. leonidas

leonidas Member

...the reason why i am attempted since Nording is normally out of my price range, but this one is a bit more moderate in price...

........and it is an opportunity to try a Nording without breaking the bank.............

Thuber88 likes this.
  5. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

If you like it, grab it, and its autographed, so it might go up in value later, and you get to see the coloring change, if it does over time.

6. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

If you'll wait and be patient, you can find one on ebay for a great price.....or you can check out my freehand that I have posted in the trades section. Just FYI :D

7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Thought u did the freehand deal already, I did not notice as of late

8. ArmedOctopus

Actually, I just got the pipes in today that I traded for....I have to go home and check them out but the wife wasn't impressed with one of them. I will have to see, but they may be going back to the original owner. If so, I will repost the freehand.

9. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

Nording's tend to smoke pretty well, and it's a nice, virgin finish. At almost 1/3 off the MSRP, if you like it, GRAB IT!

GRAB HIM!

:toast:
    -- Carl

10. CaKy

CaKy Member

11. leonidas

leonidas Member

...thank you, gentlemen, for your comments and suggestions...

.....CaKy, thank you for the free shipping link...

.....Armed Octopus, i'll keep an eye out for your posting...

12. leonidas

leonidas Member

....OK........ i broke down.....and i bought one of the Nording Signature pipes............

13. ArmedOctopus

Just couldn't bear to wait huh? :D

14. leonidas

leonidas Member

...Armed Octopus, you are absolutely correct..........

..........but i am always open for another Nording............ :)

15. Albert

Albert Active Member

my question is, does it look anything like the one in the picture? it seems a stock photo if you bought it, the pic is still the same.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  16. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Good question. I bought one today also. First I checked the P&C site and found a very similar Nording for 4-bucks more. I called and asked if they were familiar with Cigars International. The rep said he was familiar with them, but they weren't connected. I asked if theirs was a better pipe -- four dollars better. (OK, this was a little tongue-in-cheek). He just said they look pretty similar -- but didn't offer to meet the price. I was going to get a pipe rack, which would have put me in free shipping, but they were out of stock. At CI the free shipping offer came if I added a 15-dollar lighter or a 35-dollar bundle of cigars to the order. However, their rep said as a "one time" offer they would offer free shipping on the pipe with no additional purchase. Don't know if mentioning it was my first order from them made any difference. Anyway, Albert, I'm betting it won't look exactly like the photo but I'm OK with that and they seem like pretty good folks there.

Albert likes this.
  17. Albert

Albert Active Member

i really want to pull the trigger, but the sight unseen thing is nagging me.

18. Coastal Bend

Understood. That's why I asked about their return policy. No problem in the first 30 days -- if it is unsmoked. You would have to pay shipping on your end, but I'm thinking if I really don't like it that will be a small price to pay.

19. Albert

Albert Active Member

Ended up ordering one from smokingpipes. a few bucks more, but with a few tins in the order, i got free shipping so I got to see the one I was getting and it cost me exactly the same as it would have sight unseen from CI. I was so close to buying it from CI, but I rarely get to throw that kind of cash at a pipe purchase, I just had to be sure I knew what it looked like since there is a huge variation in the shapes of the nording signatures. Im really interested to see how the one you get from CI compares to the photo they have.
    :toast:

Coastal Bend likes this.
  20. Coastal Bend

I can post a photo or two in this thread when it arrives in the next week or so, if you like. (I'm interested to see how it looks, too.)

Albert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.