It' world no tobacco day, time to light up.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by martin, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martin

martin Member

In honour of this wondrous event I shall be loading up my massive Mario Grandi with 3 layers of differing tobaccos before filling the air with beautiful fragrant smoke.

Because occasions this special deserve celebrating.

Now, which tobaccos.........?

BigJ, Jammer, Basil Meadows and 4 others like this.
  2. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I bought me a new cob and I plan on firing up something that smells like a burning bible. I'm gonna smoke it in front of my work building.

[​IMG]

Basil Meadows, NoRm, jdto and 2 others like this.
  3. martin

martin Member

Try some old testament. Burns a little hot though.

4. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I like the Ezekiel's 25th blend. Lots of perique.

5. dhintonca

dhintonca Member

Me too!

NoRm likes this.
  6. Bob K

Bob K Member

With all do respect (or not) these fanatics can go to h**l. I'll smoke my pipe whenever, and wherever (legal) I can. Afternoon walk with the dog, I intend on adding Oriental fragrance to the air. And if my neighbors don't like it, they can go inside and turn on the air conditioning. I've become intolerant in my old age.

7. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I think it may just call for a monster bowl of 1792 flake.
    Sidenote, I watched a thread of the very same topic on a site I frequent decend into utter maddness, the mods were posting scraps with the members, quite entertaining....until they pulled the thread off.

NoRm likes this.
  8. NoRm

NoRm Member

I just polished off a bowl of 1-Q. (I'm relaxing after work).
    I may go for some Frog Morton's for my next bowl. Perhaps some straight Perique for my first bowl of the morning.

9. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Onya lads. I promised Mr. Godbee from Smokingpipes.com that I would light up a bowl of HOTW in his honour, so that's what I'm gonna do.

10. martin

martin Member

That's the spirit. I'm enjoying some Blue Note at the moment, only wish I had a spare tin of it !

NoRm likes this.
  11. OldSchool

OldSchool Member

I'm declaring this my own More Tobacco Day. I plan to take 'the grand tour' of every tobacco in my collection. That's really not as impressive as it sounds, but it's the principle of the thing. :bing:

NoRm, Basil Meadows and TheMadMan like this.
  12. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

I'm thinking since i can't smoke it today b/c of a nasty cold. I'll just go to the store and stock up..
    As I'm down with Oldschool "Declaring this my own (More Tobacco Day) "

NoRm, Basil Meadows and OldSchool like this.
  13. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

I missed this post yesterday, I would have sparked up an extra bowl while thinking about no tobacco day. Guess I'll have to do it today to make up for it.

NoRm and Basil Meadows like this.
  14. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Yesterday was like any other day, I smoked when and where (legally) I pleased. I did decide to let the folks at the smoke break area enjoy the aroma of FMOTT instead of my usual CH.:D

NoRm and Basil Meadows like this.
  15. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Not sure how I can smoke more than I normally do (If my 4 yr old granddughter comes over and I don't happen to have a hat on with my pipe resting on my chin, she'll gather them up and hand them to me with a "Here Grandpa"". But I'm sure as hell aint gonna cut back any either! I say lets gather round the colors... and raise it high! Load up our bowls with our favorite blend... fire it up and march! YES! We'll march..(wait a sec, relight)

Old Codger likes this.
  16. Marker

Marker Active Member

I had three cigars yesterday for the occasion. Glad they advertise it enough so I don't forget.

17. NoRm

NoRm Member

I smoked a couple of bowls of Black Cordial (a decent bulk aro from my local B&M) and the rest of the day I smoked straight Perique. Also, I enjoyed a mixture of Gawith's Kendal Chocolate & Wilson's Crumbs of Comfort snuff. Just to shake things up a bit I also indulged in some Toque Coke. I dipped all day while I was at work (which is not unusual). In short, it was a typical day of tobacco consumption. Only, I enjoyed my tobaccos with a little more pride and enthusiasm than normal.

18. Bob K

Bob K Member

Rained all day here, so when I walked the dog I was reduced to smoking a cigar (sigh).

19. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Pretty much my uual day: SWR in a cob for breakfast, SWR in a cob for lunch, SWR in a cob right when I got home, and some GAF in my trusty Pete XL02 right before bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.