1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

It's Official...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Club Blend > Mixture

That is all...

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

LOL

The power of the Dark Side.

Club is a superior "all seasons" tobacco, but I find it really excels around an autumn fire with some sausages cooking and a glass of Jack Daniel and/or a cup of coffee.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Yes Yes Yes.......... Club, You all will like Club better. :dribble:

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Don't worry Jeff, enough of you guys still smoke Mixture that I don't think Mac Baren will be mothballing production equipment any time soon. But worldwide demand for Club is surely climbing.

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:dribble:

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

When are you guys going to move up to "Big Boy" tobaccos? Virginias! [​IMG]

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

When they taste as good as Club.

8. Marc

Marc Active Member

Man, I haven't smoked Club Blend or Mixture in years, best I can remember, the edge went to Mixture. :bing:

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

They are similar for sure. The Virginias are really sweet and just a little citrusy - brown flake kinda thing. The Cavendish component gives both a little bit of balls, and the various top notes (honey I guess on Mixture and .... maybe just sugar on club? Smells like marshmallow) offer a nice hint of flavor that "pure tobaccos" don't.

It's a bastardized product, heavily processed, I guess would be the best way to describe both. But the results, a sort of not-quite-aromatic tobacco are pretty unique in the tobacco world.

I tend to think like you do Marc - if I want a pure virginia or a pure tobacco mixture, I'll look at McClelland first - I can't get enough Jubilee for instance. But I have a real soft spot for these Danes.

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

I smoked Mac Baren blends for years, they were my go to tobaccos, and I blame Virginia #1 for my Virginia obsession which led me to becoming a Virginia smoker and now a fan of McClelland Virginias! :bing:

11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

IF you go back to Va #1 from McC virginias, you'll puke!

12. Marc

Marc Active Member

I most probably would not enjoy it today but I did try some of their HH Mature Virginia awhile back and it was okay, it seems all their blends share a similar base tobacco taste, if that makes any sense.

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Yeah man , club rocks ! I like most all MB blends but I don't care for virg # 1 at all ... go figure. Anyway ... virg # 1 < mixture < club blend < golden extra

14. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I think when they make Club Blend they sweep up all the scraps off the floor at the end of the shift roll 'em all together and throw them in a bucket in the corner until they have enough to sell. That's my theory. Hahahaha! But it sure is good. No telling how many different tobaccos are in those little nuggets-o-yumminess, plus no telling what all it is topped with. It just ends up being a fun smoke. It evolves and changes as you go and I like that.

I like all sorts of tobacco. I enjoy good Virginias, English/Balkans and VaPers. I really, appreciate good ones as the flavors are natural and come from the hands of masters at curing, aging and blending. At the same time I can also appreciate aromatics, flavored or topped tobaccos and Heinz 57 blends with lots of stuff going on in them. It is all good.

15. Marc

Marc Active Member

You're a pipe smoker without borders! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.