I've been a bad boy!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by FlatbushPaul, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hi to All,
    I have run amok! I have been on a purchasing tear. Here is what I have in the mail coming to me:
    A Davorin Morta Bent Half Tulip or Freehand pipe with a sandblast finish and bluesteel stem.

1 LB of Shortcut to Mushrooms

4) 100gm tins of "Vintage McClelland tobacco"-1- 1999 Christmas Cheer,1- 2000 Christmas Cheer, 1- 1997 McClelland Virginia #22 and 1- McClelland Anniversary 2002

An Old Boy Chrome lighter w/ 3 butane refills ( I love my Zippo but I couldn't resist!)

It's gonna be a great start to the New Year but I will have to lay low for awhile!

Paul

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Whoa! Nice haul!

Where'd ya get the '97 McC #22????

3. FlatbushPaul

ChiefCatoonah.com, I have never dealt with them before so I am hoping the are an above board website. I will let you know. They had all of the McClellands I ordered. I think they still have more. But the price was way up there. $37.75 per. I know, I overpaid but couldn't help myself!

Paul

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

You only overpaid if you don't get $37.75 worth of pleasure from it! ;)

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice haul!Congrats and enjoy. I bet the 97 McC#22 is going to be sublime!

6. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Man I bet ya can't wait ! Think I'll mosy over to that site & have a look..

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Chief is a good guy. I know him from another forum and he's got a good rep there...you won't be disappointed.

The prices on those blends may seem high to some, but there's something about smoking some of these classic, well aged blends that can't be explained...just enjoyed. Smoke them with great pleasure, my friend!

I have tobaccos in my cellar that date back to the 90s, 80s, even the 70s. Some I bought new, others I've acquired over time. I paid more than the original retail on a lot of them, but they seem to smoke better than the original. OK, in part it might be "nostalgia", but to me, the pleasure I derive is well worth the price I've paid.

WrightwoodJohn and FlatbushPaul like this.
  8. FlatbushPaul

Thanks t-bear,
    That is the way I look at it. I am really looking forward to sampling these toby's. The pleasure I get from great smokes can't have a price on it. It is the nicest time of the day for me.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.