1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

I've been a very "PAD" boy!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ok, so the girls are out of the house for the weekend, it's all mine! Well while they are out at their "good time weekend" I"m home taking care of the dogs, eating leftovers, getting work done on my daughters car, all selfless acts right? Yep! But I decided since I'm doing so much for others, I may as well continue on with the same train of thought and intent!

So what did I do? Last evening, I was surfin' Tinsky. Don't own one but always heard nothing but great things and usually along with the great things is also another great thing........they are so reasonably priced! So, I claimed the size 4 Nekked Coral and the PSF 2010 Black Coral as "Puff's" Tinskys lastnight. I've been a PAD Boy! :thumbsu:

:whistle:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. Stoked

Stoked Member

LOL Puff I noticed you haven't been around here the last day or two. You've been shopping!!! :whistle:

Congrats on your new pipes! It's always exciting to add more soldiers to the platoon isn't it?

3. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Winner-winner! Mark's pipes have many fans here. I have two (a 1986 and a 2007) and both are excellent examples of pipes made right.

4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Nicely done Puff! You should know by now that we need pics or it just didn't happen. :whistle: I've got 2 Tinsky's myself and love them both. Great smokers and Mark's a great guy to deal with.

5. Puff The Magic

Thanks for the support and votes of confidence. I'm looking forward to them. I've wanted a Tinsky since about '95 so this is a long awaited "reward". Wonder if last night's "Tinsky Spree" triggered my "All Briar Weekend"? :thumbsu: I'm enjoying it though. Sort of like re-affirming old acquaintances.

:whistle:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I've got two Tinskys too! That website is a surefire PAD stoker [​IMG]

Wishing you many happy smokes in yours!

7. erickghint

erickghint Member

I just ordered a Tinsky myself. I'll post pics when it gets here, as you should do, sir. :P

8. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

9. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

10. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Congrats, Puff! Looking forward to ogling your
    new Tinsky once you post pics!

dp

12. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

I am in awe of that pipe. I've started my Tinsky fund already. Let's see how long it takes to save up, hopefully before it gets sold.

13. erickghint

erickghint Member

If for some reason it does get sold (which wouldn't surprise me at all), just shoot Mark an email and ask him to make one like it for you. PLUS if you do that, it'll be that much more special.

14. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Well, if you are going to be a "PAD" boy, you may as well get something really good, like those.... :goodjob:

Jay

15. Puff The Magic

Visually, they (Tinskys) look like World Class Cauldrons of Goodness! I think Tinsky has found my "g-spot" :crazysmile: Will have to introduce the wood & toby to flame (probably as soon as I get them unwrapped)........

Word of mouth here so far has been "glowing" and I know we've got some Full Scale Smokers here with more than one so I feel very good for splurging on 2 even having never smoked a Tinsky prior. I feel confident, thanks guyz!

As for bargain, I feel the rusticated or coral line will smoke every bit as wonderfully as the higher $$$'s ones but just not be quite as pretty or "perfect" displaying Mo-Naturez best. One serious advantage of these "bargain" pipes (rustics & corals) is they smoke cooler, easier to hold, and have a nice "grip" surface.

Yep, I guess you guyz can tell that I'm jazz'd about these :w00t:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

16. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Congrats on the pipes! Just don't forget to post pics... we do like our pics you know.

:bing:

17. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I'm very fond of Mark's sandblasts, if I were getting one I'd probably spend a little more for the blast, but overlook the smooth ones entirely.

18. Puff The Magic

I guess I should start posting pics. Any recommendations for the best/quickest? Like, to photobucket (or similar) and then to here? Does that work? I usually don't like posting pics of my stuff but I gotta show you guyz some of my pipage. I'm in awe everytime I go by Puff's Pipes, usually just stand there for a while looking, smelling, feeling, dreaming of "which toby for which burner", etc.

I'll work on it. I do want you guyz to see my "girls", besides, you're family! Virtually anyway.

:bing:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

19. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Thanks for the heads up.

20. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

LOL, I stop and give mine a look, a pet and a sniff at times too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.