I've found my perfect baccy...and it is.....

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Lee Dobson, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Dobson

Lee Dobson Member

MACBAREN CUBE SILVER !

I bought 25g of this loose and it was OK but nothing to scream about...

I recently got 40g in the sealed Macbaren silver card pouch and it's amazing !

The pouch note is gorgeous, chocolately and sweet, the room note is great [ I smelt a friend smoke it ]

Perfection from first light to end of the bowl, without any of the soapy/eggy taste I get from other aromatics I've tried so far...

If you like a sweet, very mild, fragrant good cool burner....get ordering...and if you don't like it...send it to me ;)

Morse, Smokes, SteveNH and 2 others like this.
  2. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

With apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson...

"(The search for the perfect tobacco) is a journey, not a destination."

Glad you found something you really like, but I would hope you continue to try other blends, too.

3. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

this was my first favourite tobacco. cant go wrong with a bowl of Cube. enjoy!

4. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

what this guy said. keep trying stuff, your favourites list will only get longer.

neoclassical likes this.
  5. Lee Dobson

Lee Dobson Member

Oh I'm not giving up yet....I want to try Stokkebye's nougat, it was what they smoked on the Lord Of The Rings in the pipe scenes

Old Codger, MacNutz and DMiddleton like this.
  6. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

never knew that, learned new stuff :D

7. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Glad I didn't know that, it would have distracted me.

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

...and cellar plans grow too.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'll be the lone wolf so far . Dude , I think it's great you found the one ! I smoked pretty much one blend for most of my 30+ years of pipe smoking . That " one " blend my change every so many years but that's cool too . I smoked Three Nuns for years and I would buy an OTC every now and then for a change up . Edgeworth [ same thing ] , MB Scottish [ same thing ] , MB GE [ same thing ] etc .. It's a fine thing to have a " one " blend . It sure makes things easy . There were phases were I tried a bunch of stuff and then I'd just go back to the one or , while trying a bunch of stuff , happened to find a different " the one " . Heck , MB Scottish [ and others ] come in a 5 Lb bag .... how freakin easy is that ! Plus , if you stick to one blend , ya might live as long as DGErwin has .. I mean can you imagine what life would be like in 2112 :beck:

10. Smokes

Smokes Member

I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Congratulations, Lee.

Finding your perfect tobacco is an incredible experience. I like that experience so much I've done it hundreds of times.

Skiballa and Arkie like this.
  12. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Nougat is ok. It has a slight vanilla & chocolate flavor. My wife tolerates the fragrance better than most of the mixtures I smoke. I like it because it is not soaked with propylene glycol like a lot of the American stuff. I'm considering getting a few pounds of it in bulk and jarring it for my cellar.

13. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Very curious looking packaging

14. Morse

Morse Active Member

Congrats Lee. I am (very) slowly working my way through the three new Cubes. Started with the bronze and was very impressed. And yes finding "the" tobacco is a wonderful thing - see my ongoing drivel re GH Aromatic Brown Flake and Grasmere.

15. phatdaddynxn

phatdaddynxn Member

mine used to be smokers pride cherry cavendish, i have grown and changed. what ever works for you from cheap drugstor pouches to the very finest, enjoyment is the only real factor.

16. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

I always did enjoy a bit of cube!

17. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

My favorite used to be Lane's 1-Q. Since that time, I've had... oh, about 147 new favorites. See Coastal Bend's reply above. Or, you can be less obsessive than I and stick with the Mac B. :beck:

Grumpynuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.