I've got to be crazeee.........

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

So as I was preparing the toby for the days journeys, I noticed some Escudo "powder" (fine as snuff, powderlike at the bottom of the tin, ), so I snorted it! Yep, right up the schnozz! It was great! :thumb:

Next up was Reiner LGF, yep, I did the same too! Oh man, it got me thinking........is it insane to snort (like snuff) the powder of pipe toby?

Anyone do this? Or am I the only Gonzo in the bunch? :)

Then, I thought (which could be dangerous, thinking), wonder if I got a dedicated coffee grinder to grind down some toby into snuff for when I wanna go smokeless (sort of). :jump:

Input welcome!

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I have ofter ground my own snuff. Try Mc Chrystal's or Kendal Brown. I have even once or twice used it to sprinkle on a fresh filled bowl as kindling.

3. Stoked

Stoked Member

I'm a snuff virgin but I'm very curious. How does this compare/contrast to the "real" snuff that you buy in the tins (aside from the fact you can't buy Escudo snuff that is)?

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Same, just depends on how fine you want to grind it. When first starting if you think you didn't pinch enough then you already have to much. :thumb:

5. hoss

hoss Member

Duuuuuude, that's like...hardcore! :punk:

Not a bad idea, either. :groucho:

6. Puff The Magic

I really liked it! It gave me a nice "tingle" somewhat similar to the tingle you get when you snork some brands. I plan on doing this whenever I get that "wild hair" (or was it "wild hare"?) moment. I usually used it as kindling for bowl tops but that wild hare moment took me and wouldn't let go!

I used to do snuff in high school. Cokesnuff (all the different flavors) some Ozona, and a few others but mainly Cokesnuff. Haven't seen it around so I guess Cokesnuff isn't made anymore. I did see Ozona..........sort of brought me back. But snorting the Escudo "snuff" was interesting..........sort of made me feel as if I was doing something illegal - it was that good! :groucho:

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I used to grind up SG XX rope and snort it. Pretty good hit, but I think that Copenhagen still has the best bang for the buck.

8. simonsmith

simonsmith Member

Never known anybody to snort Cope. It's made for dippin, not snortin.. Bet that's got a burn..
    I've notice a lot of the guys here are just nicotine junkies.. Snus, dip, cigs, cigars, pipes, Ecigs.. A lot of you guys are on other forums, I've been on, in my quest to replace smoking cigs..

9. simonsmith

simonsmith Member

I think I should have added the LOL so you all knew I was kidding..
    Just incase it didn't translate well.

10. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I probably dipped my weight in Copenhagen when I was in High School. I can't imagine snorting it.

11. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

It seems to me snuff is more about the nicotine hit. I'm not against it but that's not really why I smoke, even when I dip into cigarettes. Smoking is something to channel my hands' activity. I realize I love the nicotine but if I don't smoke I don't miss it. The reason I smoke pipes (or anything else) is because of the ritual while I am doing something else, usually writing or walking around.

I'm not against the concept of snuff but I think of it on par with amyl nitrate. A giddy thing but not very satisfying in itself. No offense to anyone, especially since I haven't tried it. I figure if it was that good it wouldn't have gone out of fashion...unlike pipes!! ;) I look at the snuff at the B&M but the bug never bit. I'd be interested to know the appeal beyond the nicotine rush.

BTW, when you extend your thumb off your hand, that depression between the tendons is still called the "anatomical snuffbox" in anatomy classes.

12. Puff The Magic

I did this again this morning and paid attention to the enjoyment I received and it wasn't about the nic-hit at all. I did not get a visit from her like I used to.......maybe I just didn't snuff enough dust? :suicide:

What I did notice was it gave me the raw tobacco flavor (unburnt, tin note) up the schnozz and again a mild tingle but no Vit-N. It's the flavor man! :geek:

13. ryan65

ryan65 Member

this samuel gawith stuff I got is fantastic! not sure how much longer its gonna last tho :thumbsu:

14. Puff The Magic

Hey Ryan, it may last you a bit longer if you weren't cramming it all up your schnozz! :thumbsu:

Ryan, YOU Rock!

:cheers:

Ed Puff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.