I've smoked a pipe for years BUT...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Steiny, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steiny

Steiny Member

I mostley smoke "English blends", Dunhill when I could get it ( managed to get thru the "dry").
    Here's my question: I was recently given a tin of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls. I have used only the EMP, Nightcap and London mixtures. Do I rub this out or just break a couple of pieces off and put it in my trusty Savinelli 626? It smells OUTSTANDING! I don't want to waste it!
    Thanks,
    Steiny

2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Rub it out if that's the cut you're used to, but try it folded and stuffed very loosely with a little shake on top to get it going as well. I'm sure you won't be disappointed, and that it won't go to waste!

Lucky Duck likes this.
  3. Steiny

Steiny Member

Thanks! I just don't want to waste a bit of it. I'll give her atry!
    Steiny

Jussto likes this.
  4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Rub it out, let it air for 30 minutes, and load it like you usually do. My advice, don't experiment with fold and stuff yet. Its too easy to mess it up.

Coda likes this.
  5. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

This is good advice. The fold and stuff method yields decent results, some of the time, but its easy to mess up, and can put one off a certain tobacco. Fold it long ways, and half ways, and again...until you have a nice little folded ball. Then, place it between your palms and rub it out. You'll get a nice, soft tobacco that will smoke like a champ...

Thuber88 likes this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Just don't rub the heck out of it ! 3 or 4 twists in the palms and that should be plenty .

Thuber88 likes this.
  7. Moose

Moose Active Member

Sorry Mayor, I just have to, "That's what I told her":haha:

8. ruffinogold

There's this thing called stamina :xd: .. and another called prolong :laff: ..

Purgatory for me :(

YAPPG, psquared and Moose like this.
  9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Maybe its time for some " Miracle Grow ":p:

10. ruffinogold

Steiny , as Mayor , I apologize for your 4th thread being hi jacked .... normally , it would happen somewhere around 8 or 10 [ lol ] . Seriously , we're mostly a little more mature . Back on topic , people .. the guy is new for Pete sake and we don't want to scare him off

11. Moose

Moose Active Member

I too apologize to the OP(Steiny). My immaturity and an easy opportunity to pick on the Mayor a little was more than I could stand. I will now go sit in the corner and behave.....

ruffinogold likes this.
  12. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: ok

ruffinogold likes this.
  13. Marker

Marker Active Member

If you rub it more than twice, you are playing with it.

14. Steiny

Steiny Member

I tried the De Lux Navy Rolls. Can't say excellent, but VERY good. I rubbed out two coins, packed and folded one coin on top...good very good, milder than my stand-by (NightCap)...best taste was top third, then half way down. after that, it was o.k. but kind of flat. Nicotene...good, but I can't say I'd save money to get more. Bear in mind I like a heavy smoke, plus I've only smoked one bowl. We shall see!
    Steiny

15. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

I smoke DNR on a regular basis and have found the cube cut method works best for me. Rubbing it out in my opinion defeats the purpose of smoking a flake and fold and stuff can be inconsistent. I take a couple of coins and just cut it into decent sized cubes, use a three step packing method making sure I have some good resistance and then fire it up. it is a very tasty blend. I also use either a group 4 or 5 sized pipe mostly Dublins, Apples, Billiards and Lovats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.