1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Iwan Ries & Co. Line Of Pipe Tobacco?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dispatch, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

Like in my other post except this one is about Iwan Ries. What are some opinions here on the Iwan Ries & Co. line of pipe tobacco. Any actual experiences? :cfsd:

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

IRC has their traditional blends like Private , KoKo , Affinity , International etc .. they are older [ older than any of us ] American style " English " blends that are straight tobacco blends . Old Colonial has a little coconut goin on . Their slice blends are rebranded PS . The Three Star line is old school American Aros . Bronze being the best imo .The 3 star Royal is a nice English blend w/ an Oriental flavor w/ alittle latakia . I switched to it when Dunhill quite making Std. Mix. Med [the bastards ] . Kings Oriental is like smoking a heavily spiced pumpkin pie . Dr. Bradley is a crossover blend that rocks ... I have yet to describe it well . It's unique and I like it alot . The Cordial blends are just fantastic !!! The Buttered Run is awesome ... you taste Rum :) The Cherry Cordial is the best Cherry blend I've had yet and it has a natural cherry flavor ... unreal . I have yet to try the Vanilla . I have yet to try the Gourmet English and Aro . I have never tried the Canadian Plug nor the China Black blends . You realize that now I have to place an order ... ugh:doh: .... Basicly IRC gives a taste of America past and present .... a great store ... and in this day and age ... an Icon

jpberg likes this.
  3. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

+1 for the cherry cordial. I had to let it dry for a while, but it was good after that.

4. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Stay away from 3 star blue, 3 star gold, etc. unless you like Mixture #79. I haven't tried their other stuff.

Capt likes this.
  5. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

Good question and posts! I just got my second pipe from them and they have been fantastic! Never ordered any of their tobacco tho. They sent me some 3 Star Blue I think with my Ben Wade but I never tried it. Got away from the aros last few months.

6. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Their prices on tobacco are competative but not the absolute cheapest. Prices on pipes and accessories are usually bargains. I just ordered a combo pouch, a Czech pipe tool and a tin of Balkan Sesieni last week from them last week. They are responsive and good to deal with. BTW the Jobey combo pouch is great.

7. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

One of the pastors at my church only smokes 3 star blue, and one of the others is trying to get rid of the rest of his tobacco so he can smoke that solely, too.

I tried it once, thought it was okay. But at that point I also thought my bone dry "cherry flavoured" tobacco was good too. Can't really stand the stuff now as I don't taste any cherry, just a bland cavendish.

8. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

Agreed! I just bought one of their Northern Briar pipes they had advertised on the Chicago Pipe Show page. I quick ordered it when I researched Northern Briar's similar pipe prices on other sites.

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Iwan Ries Balkan Supreme is one of my favorites :bing:

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. Albert

Albert Active Member

Has anyone hat the Gourmet English from IRC? it has piqued my interest.

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

Gourmet English rocks. One of the best English blends out their. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Albert likes this.
  12. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

Iwan Ries Virginia flake is now made by Altadis , but made in Denmark. Have not tried it recently, but before, I liked alot. Not sure who made it before , but I'm thinking PS.

ruffinogold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.