Jack Knife Plug Punched Me In The Face

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dunhill93, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

GL Pease Jackknife Plug is a very good blend albeit strong one though, I had a bowl maybe 2 nights ago and it was very good, but then like half way down the bowl I started sweating and had a mild headache. it was time to dump it at that point :{ Anybody else ever got their tail kicked by JKP?

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Lol! JKP has some ooomph to it for sure. Having a very high tolerance, it doesn't affect me at all but the Kentucky leaf in it makes it a strong blend.

Try eating something first the next time.

Paul

3. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

At first yes but as you smoke more you get accustomed to it. Try Pete 3p. Great stuff too.

4. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

I had already had a nice helping of food, fried salmon with rice and black beans. maybe my nic tolerance is low

5. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

i just find it weird though because I am a big fan of irish flake and to me that seems stronger than the jkp or is it?

6. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Both offer heavy Nic blasts but I think the pressed plug is somehow more concentrate.

7. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

Ah, fair enough. In that case because I am not quite ready for another head rush it is time for a bowl of key largo

8. SenatorXMG

SenatorXMG Member

I don't find JKP to be too strong...however, I do have a good tolerance and liking for some heavy hitters!

Tsal and OldSouled65 like this.
  9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

....not me! - I've only had one tin of JKP ( a generous gift from a member here ) I thought it was good - albeit a little...er...'tame', but perhaps my long-time daily diet of Dark XX plug and 'Thick Brown Irish" clouded my judgement. :msty:
    OT

10. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

JKP is one of those tobaccos where you want to have your big boy pants on for. I find it very full but pleasant. I love it.

11. hansel

hansel Member

i got a tin not to long ago, and the nic level is fine but the smoke is to one sided and the smoke to dry for my liking, which surprised me cause it has a really nice tin note to it,

12. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I didn't follow the rule of "if you don't like something, cellar it and come back to it later" with JKP, I had a couple of bowls, and although the nic wasn't a problem, I just didn't care for the flavor and passed it along. I should probably give it another shot, preferably some with some age on it.

The only blend that has gotten to me, and twice, was University Flake when smoked in a large Pete system pipe. It's funny, Irish Flake, Black XX, Tambolaka, nothing has ever given me the spins like that Uni Flake.

13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I like the full flavored blends fine, but I don't like the super heavy nic content ones. I think current and ex-cig smokers have a higher tolerence; I just can't get past a medium level of nicotene.

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I like a good, strong blend. Jack Knife is a tasty smoke in my book. Strong enough to satisfy most of the time, though if I'm smoking Kendal Dark and twist tobaccos and such regularly, I wouldn't bat an eye at it.

It's strong, but it's not super strong. If I'm mostly smoking milder blends, then it gives me more than enough nicotine. Most of the time it satisfies without overwhelming, though. Only rarely do I not even notice the nicotine, and only when my tolerance is up significantly.

15. user2453

user2453 Member

I like JK a lot. I don't notice the nicotine really punching me, but there is enough to make me happy.

16. hansel

hansel Member

ive since gotten to like JNP these last few days, ive changed the pipe i use (a nice big ole Canadian style with a chasm for a bowl) and i find so many more hidden notes in it, like i never tasted Cinnamon in it before but i can sense it under its many smoke dark flavors,

i jst picked up some PPP and i like that a bit more right off the bat, im smoking my first bowl of it as we speak, im gonna give it a go in my Canadian and see how that compares to this bent dublin i just got today.

Monkeyshine likes this.
  17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I like the JKP because I find the taste mild and the nic strong enough for my purposes. Something that gives you a sweaty buzz one day may have no effect on another day, whether you eat or not. :msty:

Johnny Dingo and Monkeyshine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.