1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Knife Plugs

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jason1977, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

My two favorites are Cornell & Diehl Briar Fox, and Fribourg and Treyer Cut Blended Plug. I could smoke both of these all of the time. The C&D ones can be purchased in 8 & 16 oz tins now. That's a dangerous thing for me. Seeing those long blocks of Briar Fox in the 16 oz tin is a thing of beauty. :bing:

jason1977 likes this.
  2. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Yeah, I hear that plug in a meer or cob is one of the most flavorful smokes you can have. Love the "vitamin "N", lol

3. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

looks like briar fox is a crumble cake rather than plug? Sounds good though, one I've not had yet

4. Burner

Burner Member

No one mention Mick Mcquaid plug? Or Warrior plug? A plug tobacco comes in a big lump i.e. a plug.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

Love SG Grousemoor plug. Reminds me of the way Fruit Loops cereal smells :D SG Kendall plug is good stuff to. I have had some Wessex Gold Brick aging for 2 years, I need to try some of that.

6. krusty

krusty Active Member

Yes, you do!

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

It doesn't fall apart quite like a crumble kake such as Hearth & Home Anni Kake. It's more of a firm block, but nothing like a traditional plug.

8. krusty

krusty Active Member

My understanding has been that plug is whole leaf, layered, and cake is cut/tumbled/blended leaf, something to that effect at any rate.

ETA: Both are great and I do enjoy the Briar Fox and Bowlegged Bear!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.