Jack Knife Plugs

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jason1977, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

My two favorites are Cornell & Diehl Briar Fox, and Fribourg and Treyer Cut Blended Plug. I could smoke both of these all of the time. The C&D ones can be purchased in 8 & 16 oz tins now. That's a dangerous thing for me. Seeing those long blocks of Briar Fox in the 16 oz tin is a thing of beauty. :bing:

jason1977 likes this.
  2. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Yeah, I hear that plug in a meer or cob is one of the most flavorful smokes you can have. Love the "vitamin "N", lol

3. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

looks like briar fox is a crumble cake rather than plug? Sounds good though, one I've not had yet

4. Burner

Burner Member

No one mention Mick Mcquaid plug? Or Warrior plug? A plug tobacco comes in a big lump i.e. a plug.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

Love SG Grousemoor plug. Reminds me of the way Fruit Loops cereal smells :D SG Kendall plug is good stuff to. I have had some Wessex Gold Brick aging for 2 years, I need to try some of that.

6. krusty

krusty Active Member

Yes, you do!

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

It doesn't fall apart quite like a crumble kake such as Hearth & Home Anni Kake. It's more of a firm block, but nothing like a traditional plug.

8. krusty

krusty Active Member

My understanding has been that plug is whole leaf, layered, and cake is cut/tumbled/blended leaf, something to that effect at any rate.

ETA: Both are great and I do enjoy the Briar Fox and Bowlegged Bear!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.