1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Jake Hackert Cob

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BradNTX, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Not long after discovering how much I enjoy cobs, and learned to even admire their asthetic side, some PSF cobber posted a picture of a Jake Hackert customized cob. I was pretty nuts over it's rustic, rugged good looks. I wanted one.
    :drly:

Then I found how hard it was to find one. I looked off and on for a couple of years, but never found a new, unsmoked one to purchase. I was always a little late for an eBay one, and any sites I found with one were marked "SOLD". For the past year, I've pretty much given up, consoling myself with the fact that I have a nice cob collection, including some vintage, unsmoked cobs with interesting character.

A couple of weeks ago, AussieTX asked for my address. Typically I would ask what for, but I figured he was going to send either A) a sample of tobacco or B) some type of gag gift. Yes, he has a big sense of humor, so I wasn't putting it past him.

I got home from work a week ago Tuesday, and my wife handed me a smallish brown box. I saw the familiar sender's name, and whipped out my pocket knife. I told the boys to stand back, in case something flew out of the box.

Instead of a gag, I was surprised to find a freakin' Jake Hackert cob! Unbelievable, and totally unexpected. I love the looks, and it smokes fabulous too. No burning wood taste, as the shank is antler. It also has a nice heft to it compared to a normal cob, but still plenty light to clench. The stem is very comfy and well shaped. I can't say enough about how excited I am to have this pipe in the collection! Thanks Aussie!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Bravo. Good looking pipe, and damn fine of Aussie to do that.

3. Jimmy Bukowski

Jimmy Bukowski Active Member

:th1: Jackpot! I don't think anybody can argue with the fact that this site is filled with some very generous pipers

boiseTim, YAPPG, Wicker Man and 4 others like this.
  4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:haha: Very nice present. Congrats, Brad! Awesome cob and very cool move, Aussie!

YAPPG, AussieTX and BradNTX like this.
  5. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Congrats on the Hackert. Aussie--thats a VERY damn fine, and kind gesture-:thu2:
    I live a about an hour, or so away from Jake Hackert. He is located just west of Lancaster, Pa. USA.
    Even living close--this mans pipes are not easily obtained. Even contacting him--I believe the wait is a long one. I own 3 briars that he made---SUPER smoking pipes that I cherish.
    I am both happy with, and for you. ENJOY that pipe MUCH.
    Again I am so glad for you. AussieTX---man thats one stand up SUPER kind gesture. One more example of what REALLY good people do.

6. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt man grats.

And well done Aussie.

Shawn

7. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

When they arrived I asked Brad for his address, but I couldn't hold off posting up some pics of mine. We'd talked about Hackert cobs a couple of times when we met up, so I was hoping you didn't catch on to what I was doing.
    Glad we both finally have a Hackert cob (I actually just finished smoking a bowl of PA in mine).

YAPPG, surlysoul, Beefcube and 4 others like this.
  8. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Find any leads on more let me know please.

Shawn

YAPPG and AussieTX like this.
  9. DocB

DocB Active Member

Strong work, Chris. Good lookin' pipe!!

YAPPG, BradNTX and AussieTX like this.
  10. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

After bidding on one or two of them on Ebay and watching them go way above my price range I just contacted Jake directly, and asked him when he was planning on making some more cobs. He said he is planning on making a few of them this year (with freehand, general, and patriot bowls).
    I ordered them straight from him, they took a few months to get here (as he had to make them and he seems very busy).
    This is his email jhackert912@comcast.net

YAPPG, BradNTX and ShawnP like this.
  11. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

Good man. Nice looking pipe Brad!

YAPPG, BradNTX and AussieTX like this.
  12. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Thank you very much for this info. I am going to contact him.

Shawn

BradNTX, YAPPG and AussieTX like this.
  13. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

This is one sweet CC pipe!

14. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

Well played, Aussie. Well played.

15. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

aww heck.. you Texas brothers doing good. :th1:

BradNTX, AussieTX and YAPPG like this.
  16. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Great gesture and wonderful pipe. I have a Hackert antler shank cob that is a great little pipe....yours will be too.

BradNTX, AussieTX and YAPPG like this.
  17. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Aussie... been looking for a '71 Corvette... errm hrrrm. Just kidding. Very generous of you!

BradNTX and AussieTX like this.
  18. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Sorry I only have a '57.
    [​IMG]

Just kidding, not mine (Wish it was though, that was one sweeeeet car to drive!)

BradNTX and Longshanks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.